enterprise d snap build

Psylow

I started the snap together enterprise d today. I tried the tape and paint on the phaser array with just a little mess. I need a way to scrap away the paint that got on the area between the tape I missed.
A toothpick?

A snap tite Enterprise D ? Are you sure ?

Isn't it a toy ? A bandai kit (even though I'm pretty sure there was only the Voyager, the NX-01, the Refit Enterprise, the Enterprise E... "no bloody D" as would have said Scotty).

And without any pictures, can't help you, sorry... :)

I'd use an exacto knife to scrape away the paint that bled under the tape.

It doesn't matter what model it is, point is that paint got under the tape. Don't get so hung up on details.

This kit does exist:

screenshot20120819at145.png

J

Psylow said:
As soon as I resize the pics i'll post them

There's no need. It doesn't matter what model paint bleeds through tape. The fact is, paint bled through.

These are good little kits, I have one on my bench so a couple of questions.
1, did you sand off the raised details? If so, that could make it easier to remove unwanted paint.
2, what type of paint did you use? Acrylics would be the easiest to remove, and light scraping with a toothpick should be ok.
3, is the area around the phasers painted too? If so, when you remove the bleed though you may be able to touch any areas of paint damaged from scraping away the un-wanted paint.

I'm no expert in model building and painting and I've made plenty of mistakes but I've found theres always a way around them and plenty of people on this and other sites that are more than willing to help.

Just Mike said:
Psylow said:
As soon as I resize the pics i'll post them

There's no need. It doesn't matter what model paint bleeds through tape. The fact is, paint bled through.

So say you... Seeing what the problem is can help no regard what you say.

So it's the 1/2500 kit (how can they call it "snap", it needs glue and it's no walk in the park to do it).
The toothpick would have been the perfect tool in 1/1400, here you may want to use someting sharper.
Is te paint thick on the edge of the phaser array ? If not two possibilities I submit to you :
- begin to gently paint with the color of the hull (if possible)
- take a black pen, a thin marker, and scrib the edges... You can use a criterium or a rotring pen.
- you'll obtain a black delimitation, subtile enough depending of the color you chose for the phaser array.

Tip : with that scale, using the complete decal set is a PLUS, even though you have to know how to soften and place that.

Let show us your good results ! :D

Latest posts

Back