Enterprise CVN 65 HELP!

Ozzman78

"Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
I need some huge help from the SMA ship builders. I'm a sci fi guy so I don't know squat about ships.

My Fathers 60th is in a month, I would love to present him with a model of the Enterprise from the era he served. Looking to build in the museum style, clean, no weathering, so forth. The kit needs to be correct for the late 70's/early 80's. I can't seem to find an Enterprise with the correct island or aircraft.

The Revell 720 scale kit seems to be the early 60's. The monster 350 tamyia looks right but way to big for an office book shelf.

HELP!!!

Update.... 1975-1977 is the Enterprise version I'm on the hunt for.

So, any tips on that version of the carrier would be outstanding.

Dragon has a 1/700 Enterprise coming out, supposed to represent the ship in the 1969 era. Was supposed to be out by now, but hasn't arrived as of yet, so should be within the next couple of weeks.

Other than that, about the only other one on the market is the big Tamiya 1/350

Wow, ships don't get much action I guess. Thanks for the help.

For anyone that did look I got it all sorted.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Ships get lots of action, just most of it is focused on WWII subjects.

Well, and on this particular subject, I think the Enterprise's earlier or original configuration is probably much more widely kitted, than her later refits. The beehive array atop her island was just so cool-lookin'.

The old man was on the carrier from 75-77, beehive replaced in 82. The Revell CVN 65 kit in 1:720 scale will be the base for my build. Almost all of the craft in that kit needs replaced. Trumpeter Intruders, Tomcats, Corsairs, and Seakings with be on the deck. Keeping the Revell Vigilantes and Grayhounds.

CVW-14 ( KA-6D and A-6E Intruders of VA-196 "Main Battery;" S-3A Vikings of VS-29 "Dragon Fires;" EA-6B Prowlers of VAQ-134 "Garudas;" A-7E Corsair IIs of VA-97 "Warhawks" and VA-27 "Royal Maces;" E-2B Hawkeyes of VAW-113 "Black Eagles;" SH-3D Sea King helicopters of HS-2 "Golden Falcons;" and RA-5C Vigilantes of RVAH-1 "Smokin' Tigers") was on the ship in 76 so decals for that air group will round out the aircraft.

Panic post solved by a little research and some questions answered by my Mother.

Latest posts

Back