Eldar Wave Serpent

Quaralane

All right, moving on to the next WIP that's been neglected over the years.
This one is an Eldar Wave Serpent from Warhammer 40,000.
At this point, it mostly needs detail painting and decals.
gw-eldar-waveserpent-01.jpg
gw-eldar-waveserpent-02.jpg
gw-eldar-waveserpent-03.jpg

To get the decals done, I've used a scanned copy the Games Workshop sheet to cobble together the emblem for my "Altaithe" Craftworld.
Since they're going on a mostly black model, I've printed them with a black background onto whit decal paper so they'll show up once placed.
gw-eldar-waveserpent-04.jpg

Youtubelink:
Eldar Wave Serpent WIP-Part 1

HOLY SCHMOKES!!!!
That's flippin' kewl!!!!
It reminds me of something that the "Reavers" from the "Firefly" Universe would fly around in. Gamer's Workshop sure know how to make some kewl schtuff! ;)

Very Cool Q. Awesome work on the decals. I want to give that a try someday. I bought the decal set from Testor's but haven't tried printing any yet.

Thanks, guys.

Got some detail work done and a little bit of repair set up.
I went in and, after repainting the red sections to smooth things out a bit, drybrushed the weapons with copper.
And, though you don't see it in the pictures, I drybrushed the bottom in a metallic light blue.
The gems dotting the surface were painted over with white, and then painted with colored inks.
gw-eldar-waveserpent-05.jpg
gw-eldar-waveserpent-06.jpg

As the original canopy had fogged slightly due to a gluing incident, I removed the old canopy and repainted some of the cockpit details in metallic grey.
I have a replacement canopy from an older build that I'll be putting on after the decal work is complete
gw-eldar-waveserpent-07.jpg

Youtube link:
Eldar Wave Serpent WIP-Part 2

Nice detail painting Q. The blue accents look great on the black canvas.

All right, final markings are on her, and sealed.
New canopy is in place, with a coat of Future.
All of the gems have gotten a coat of Fuiture as well.
Final pics:
gw-eldar-waveserpent-08.jpg
gw-eldar-waveserpent-09.jpg

gw-eldar-waveserpent-10.jpg

gw-eldar-waveserpent-11.jpg

gw-eldar-waveserpent-12.jpg
gw-eldar-waveserpent-13.jpg

Youtube link:
Eldar Wave Serpent WIP-Part 3-Finale

This is a great job on the Wave Serpent! The difference from the original images to now just by adding the decals and details is immense.

Well done and thanks once again for sharing your builds.

very nice.. it must feel good to have a shelf project that has been hanging around so close to completion finally come out so well...

great job!

Thanks, guys. Glad you've liked her.

@Haggistom
Definitely makes a difference. What amazes me is how little it actually took to get done

@huntr.
Definitely feels good to get it finished, especially when it was so close for so long.

Latest posts

Back