Egyption JS3 Stalin

scratchmod

Here is my entry in the armor category. The Tamiya JS3 Stalin. I decided to do this one a an Egyption tank after seeing a couple of ref pic of a knocked out JS3. I'll build it as it would have looked after sitting for a few years, yep there will be some rust on this one.

SMAentries007.jpg

SMAentries006.jpg

scratchmod

But knowing your previous work it will be something to look at and learn from. So please make as many SBS photos as possible ;)
Cheers

I think ya got that back to front ...should be minor chipping and lots of rust ;D ;D

Chris.

So many tanks....so little time! ;D Definitely in the gallery on this one!

I've started doing some chopping of the upper hull. The kit, typical of Tamiya, has an open sponson so you can basically look into the upper, or down at the tracks if viewed through open hatches. Instead of closing the sponson I decided to make it more interesting and removed most of the metal storage bins that make up the sponson. The upper side hull of the JS 3 has thick angled plates and this is what I'd like to show off on the tank.
Not sure if I'll stick to the original theme and just do a rusted and chipped tank :-\ :-\

scratchmod

Not sure if the Egyption title will remain, as I'm not sure where I'm heading with this build.

After some chopping and blocking I made some head way on this Russian beast.

JS3001.jpg

JS3003.jpg

JS3002.jpg

JS3004.jpg

JS3005.jpg

Now to get the wheels cleaned and the rest of the parts glued on.

scratchmod

I nearly bought this kit as I wanted to do a tank. Changed my mind at the last minute and opted for Helicopter.

Like what you have done so far. I will certainly be watching this one.

If this model gets done quick enough i may enter one of my shelf queens in the everything else cat. Should get me to finally finish off one that's collecting dust. Still no clue as to how I'll paint this beast. :-\

scratchmod

The JS 3 has found it's way back to the workbench and is almost ready for painting today. Just a couple of things to do to make it look the part then I can slap some primer on it.

JS3build010.jpg

JS3build013.jpg

JS3build012.jpg

JS3build011.jpg

I'm not going for 100% accuracy with this model, instead I want to have fun with the painting.

scratchmod

Some nice stuff there Rob! Lovin' the bullet holes! Ist that paint I smell?? ::)

Thank you every one for the comments. Spent a couple of hours today getting the painton this beast. Here is where she stands.

JSprimer006.jpg

JS3paint001.jpg

JS3paint003.jpg

JSprimer005.jpg

JS3paint002.jpg

JS3paint004.jpg

Chipping to be done tomorrow when all is dry/cured.

Cheers
scratchmod

Latest posts

Back