eBay Shopping Spree! Oops!

DreamKnight

OK so I went a bit nuts this weekend. I was hoping to get some models to build up my Star Trek collection (some Star Wars stuff too so I was on a bidding spree putting in the max I'd spend (which is all way lower than you can get) on a bunch of models. Now, I lose bids a lot, especially when the bids are low so I figured I'll come out about 1 or 2 (I HOPE!). So I go and run on a rampage and put max bids on stuff I'm willing to pay for and just gone on my way

Ummm... oops? Did everyone go fishing this weekend or were the bid snipers get gassed? o_O

I won in the course of this weekend:

Amt 1/650 Star Trek Generations Klingon Bird Of Prey
Star Trek TNG Enterprise D Fiber Optic Lights Model Kit
Star Trek Voyager Kazon Ship Revell Monogram New
Star Wars Speeder Bike Model Kit
AMT NEW,SEALED 1995 STAR TREK USS RELIANT,20"LONG MODEL
Vintage Star Trek AMT ' Enterprise B ' Model Kit!
AMT STAR TREK USS ENTERPRISE "STARSHIP" (1701-D)
Star Trek USS Voyager NCC-74656 Monogram Model
Star Trek USS Excelsior NCC-2000 AMT Model "RARE"

EVERYTHING under $25 (including shipping) except for the Voyager and Reliant which I'm quite happy about! I got the voyager at $37 ($45 w/shipping) and the Reliant at $31 ($38 with shipping). Voyager Buy it Now is around $70 and reliant I found at $40 with buy it now.

The Enterprise-D goes about $40 to $90.

Now let's hope they deliver! lol

So anyone else here ran into an eBay shopping spree? Intentional or non-intentional?

Nice. I forgot they even made an Excelsior kit. Or is that the same as the B?

AKE said:
Nice. I forgot they even made an Excelsior kit. Or is that the same as the B?

It SHOULD be the same design. I suppose you can say I got the same model with two different markings then but there are subtle differences (Enterprise B is an Excelsior class refit).

USS Excelsior: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/kl_excel.htm
USS Enterprise B: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Enterprise-Generations-Model/dp/B000MCAH68

I have to find the C now and I guess the E is common enough to not even worry about. Then I need 1701 and then the refit A and the NX is easy to find. That Polar Lights 1701-A 1/350 is really tempting!

Nice score!

Most of these are about to be re-released in the next little while, but even at those prices, you probably got them for a little less than what the new ones will retail for.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Nice score!

Most of these are about to be re-released in the next little while, but even at those prices, you probably got them for a little less than what the new ones will retail for.

Yeh I figured that too. Do you know if the Enterprise C will be re-released at 1/1000 or 1/1400? That is one model I am having trouble getting on the cheap. I really lucked out on Voyager.

The only C so far is the 1/2500 snap kit.

Enterprise B is being re-released (but not Excelsior, as they were made from the same molds, and AMT permanently screwed up the specific part of the molds for her)

Enterprise D is being re-released in clear plastic, to aid in lighting I guess....I have the USS Yamaguchi in clear, and it sucks, but it is also 15 or more years old. I got it because I wanted an Ent C kit.

Klingon BoP, and being re-worked so you can have optional wing positions.

Romulan BoP in both regular and collector tin

USS Reliant, which they are adjusting the molds to remove saucer ridges, thicker saucer, improved bridge dome.

No Ent C on the list....yet. I mean they have done the rest of them, so why not the C...unless the molds are totally FUBAR....which with AMT wouldn't surprise me.

Elm City Hobbies said:
No Ent C on the list....yet. I mean they have done the rest of them, so why not the C...unless the molds are totally FUBAR....which with AMT wouldn't surprise me.

Damn ok. I heard they scrapped the Akira Class model too?

Nope, just put on the back burner for now.

The Akira was in the process of the molds being cut when Polar Lights was sold to AMT.

AMT never did anything with the molds, and when Round 2 bought the rights to all the AMP, MPC and Ertl molds about 2yrs ago (actually a 10 yr lease for all the molds), they got it back. Funny part is....one of the 2 partners in Round 2, is actually the previous owner of Polar Lights (the other guy is a Canadian, so it now makes complete sense as to why Round 2 is where it is now!! ).

AMT didn't do anything with the Akira molds, and once Round 2 got to them, they were in pretty rough shape, so much so that they really weren't worth fixing, and they decided to cut new ones. Plan was for a Xmas 2010 release.

Along comes the opportunity to get the rights to the new movie, and to do the new Enterprise, and the Akira gets put on the back burner for now. Rumor has it, sometime towards the end of 2011....but we will see.

I have picked up a few kits at prices that I shouldn't be able to get them at. I paid $15 to $25 for kits that were selling for $100 a month ago. Either the recession is hitting people worse, or it is just a lull in the market. The star trek kits are dropping in price because of the new releases, but I expect the prices on the older kits to rebound soon. Some people collect these things.

But if you want that old romulan bird of prey, I think now is the time to get one. They are all over the place on Ebay.

Nice score on the fiber optic enterprise D. I would replace the wheat bulbs with leds. I no longer have the battery case to mine, so I don't know the voltage. (number of batteries would tell me the voltage, I think it was four of them.) If you want some help converting it over, let me know.

That was the first lighted kit I built. Warning, lighting the nacelles is difficult. The engine struts are one piece and you have to cut channels into the struts to run the wires.

Grendels said:
Nice score on the fiber optic enterprise D. I would replace the wheat bulbs with leds. I no longer have the battery case to mine, so I don't know the voltage. (number of batteries would tell me the voltage, I think it was four of them.) If you want some help converting it over, let me know.

That was the first lighted kit I built. Warning, lighting the nacelles is difficult. The engine struts are one piece and you have to cut channels into the struts to run the wires.

Cool! Probably will need it. I hit thefiberstore last night to check out more lighting stuff and about to watch ModelManTom's lighting vids to get some basics down. Last time I was lighting things, it was fish tanks and that is a BIT over kill for a model.

Ebay is how most of my stash was picked up.
Rarely in a single run, but definitely some good finds

Latest posts

Back