Ebay Question

letsgobrowns82

So I buy a lot of stuff on Ebay and every now and then I sell something. I am selling one of my guitars and I got this message about it and to me it sounds fishy. Anybody deal with something like this, is it a scam?

Hi Dear Friend! Im so happy that i find this guitar! i want it very much!! But im from Russia!Please can you ship it to me by USPS Express International or Priority!it takes about 100-120 USD! i have a paypal account and pay immediately!i understand that you may not ship but ask you please....please think about it and sent your desicion!sorry for concern! Thanks!))

Yeah it sounded to weird to me, kinda like all the crap you get when you put something on Craigslist.

First off the grammar used in his response is totally whacked lol. As soon as I read the first sentence I knew it was a scam lol. Report that bull cucka and get him off Ebay. Its whack jobs like him that ruin great sites. Don't let him burn ya my friend. Report and whack him PA style LOL. Speaking of guitars what kind of guitar is it ? I'm a drummer myself but always had great intentions of learning how to play guitar. May dabber with that in the upcoming new year.

Yeah, scam....don't think Paypal is even available in Russia yet. Least when I was selling on Ebay (mind you that was a few years ago), there wasn't any Paypal there. Could have changed I suppose, but still smells fishy to me!

Are you selling this guitar or auctioning it off?
Did this person contact you via Ebay message system or via email outside of ebay?

If you are auctioning the guitar and he contacted you to buy it, it's a scam.
If he contacted you via email outside of ebay, it's a scam (and against ebay rules).

Latest posts

Back