Easy Optic solution for Armour Periscopes and sights

schweinhund227

A short video on how to make Mirror like Periscopes and Sights on modern AFV's.

This can be adapted to WWII and other Era Tanks as well ! its all in the Colour !

Easy Optics.mp4

Take care and if you have any questions... let me know !

Norm.

Arse I only bought the afv stick on ones last week ..

they just arived in teh post in an envolope 10X its size.. they are cool i may put them on today

spud said:
they just arrived in the post in an envelope 10X its size.. they are cool i may put them on today

On what AFV thou ???

If they are the Ones I am thinking about... like for the Stryker ??? Iridescent is good for Modern AFV's But WWII and up to 80's were pretty much CLEAR ... hence... a green tint to it.... Blue at the most !

I would be cautious to put that on a WWII tank... might look out of place!!! but that just me !

You're tha Boss !!! see if it looks Ok !!!

Take care !

Funny, I learned the same technique first hand from the same teacher. Graeme use to live here in Fredericton, and was my best friend's commanding officer when they were stationed in Moncton, NB. Got to know Graeme quite well, shared some beers at his house while building kits and learning from his expertise.

What Graeme showed me was with a similar product, also bought from the $$ store, but was basically the metallic confetti. I think the bag I have (and have had for years) are the hearts...they seemed like they had the biggest surface in which to cut out the panels needed. The party noisemakers look like they would be slightly easier to work with however, since they are more flexible, and slightly thinner than the harder, thicker confetti, and their thickness wouldn't be as much if using them for the viewscopes around the hatches.

Nice video, concise and easy to follow!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Funny, I learned the same technique first hand from the same teacher. Graeme use to live here in Fredericton, and was my best friend's commanding officer when they were stationed in Moncton, NB. Got to know Graeme quite well, shared some beers at his house while building kits and learning from his expertise.

What Graeme showed me was with a similar product, also bought from the $$ store, but was basically the metallic confetti. I think the bag I have (and have had for years) are the hearts...they seemed like they had the biggest surface in which to cut out the panels needed. The party noisemakers look like they would be slightly easier to work with however, since they are more flexible, and slightly thinner than the harder, thicker confetti, and their thickness wouldn't be as much if using them for the viewscopes around the hatches.

Nice video, concise and easy to follow!

Yep ! Graeme is a good chap ! Always nice to learn a trick from a Master like him !!! Last thing I heard he went NAVY !!! or maybe I heard wrong ? oh well...

Thanks for picking 'that' from the Video ! I know he used the smaller Confetti but I found them too thick ! for some applications; his version has more Colour tints available....

Thanks for you kind comment !

Nah, he is still Army, but out of the field of Arty, and into the field of medicine. Hospital Administration I believe, stationed at NDHQ in Ottawa now.

Great video buddy, very easy to follow, nicely done.
I saw on those Japanese videos the guy dismanteled an old floppy disc and use the actual magnetic disc material , have you heard of that method?
Personally, i like the colour variation in yours, it adds interest , plus the military do use special glass with all kinds of funky secret coatings. 8)

The Gag

The Nylon Gag said:
Great video buddy, very easy to follow, nicely done.
I saw on those Japanese videos the guy dismanteled an old floppy disc and use the actual magnetic disc material , have you heard of that method?
Personally, i like the colour variation in yours, it adds interest , plus the military do use special glass with all kinds of funky secret coatings. 8)

The Gag

Thanks for your kind comment!

The floppy disk material or Negatives film is sometimes used to represent IR devices!

Very good point! Thanks for bringing this up!

Later buddy!

great tip . And I really love your camera how close you can get to the subject . as modellers like to show there work I do believe we should spend a few extra bucks on a good camera to show the effort we spent on our work .

Thank you so much for the Support and Comment !

my little cam is a SONY HandyCam with a 42X optical zoom.... I had it vertically mounted on a support above my bench... and it has served me well... I which I had more money to buy 1 or two more... to film the same subjects from different angles... and Mash it all up in post production... but... that what dreams are made of !

LOL

Thanks again for viewing it and leaving your comment !

later dude !

Latest posts

Back