Dutch MARBRIG Jeep Indonesia 1945/1947

FAUST

Ola Guys

I want to show you the progress of my first ever commission piece. I was asked if I could make the Jeep my customers grandfather (he served with the Dutch Marines) drove his patrols in during his tour in the Dutch East Indies shortly after WW2.
Basically it was a standard Willy's. Nothing special, .30 on pedestal. For patrols often the pioneer tools were removed and for some reason the spare wheel as well. Also for every patrol they covered as much as the floor as possible with sandbags for mines. And the wire cutter on the frontbumper was mounted. The grandfather of my customer also had a pet monkey called "Kees" which is pretty much as Dutch as it gets.

Kit used is Tamiya's excellent Willy's Jeep with Eduard PE. Sandbags are made of magic sculp as are the adjustments of the pants. Also the figure has a Hornet head that looks very much like the grandfather only need to resculpt his headgear. Ok enough talk here are the pics

Marbrig_Jeep_001.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_002.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_003.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_004.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_005.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_006.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_007.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_008.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_009.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_010.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_011.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_012.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_013.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_015.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_016.jpg

More to follow soon.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

This build is looking nice and clean, great work so far, cant wait to see more!

Thanks all guys for the compliments.

New progress should follow soon. I want to step up the pace with this project since the grandfather of my customer is apparently not doing well and it would be cool if he could see himself in his Jeep again.

Ola Guys

I have been neglecting this thread for a bit. I'm sorry.
Thanks for all the comments and compliments. Glad you guys like it.

I'm going to dust off this thread with a new update

Update time. I have booked quite a lot of Progress in the past weeks. I painted the whole vehicle and converted the figure even more. Also designed the custom decals that need to go on this kit. And i started the weathering. The .30 looks a bit daft so in silver. It hasn't had it's diluted black coat yet in these pictures.

Here are the pictures
Marbrig_Jeep_017.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_018.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_019.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_020.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_021.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_022.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_023.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_024.jpg

Marbrig_Jeep_025.jpg

Still a bit of detail painting is needed but it really starts to look like something now.

As always curious to any feedback.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Ola Geegad

Thanks for the compliments. I'm pretty happy how it turns out and so is the person I built this for.

I'm currently working on painting the smaller details for the diorama. One of those Kees the grey Java Monkey. Which got finished this evening.
575724_355493471235248_862509643_n.jpg

great update Robert! the jeep looks fantastic and the figure and monkey are coming together nicely!

Latest posts

Back