Dragon 1/35 Bell UH-1D Huey. WIP

ronrod62

OK guys im going to try and do my first build log. All comments are welcome. IMAG0084.jpg
Its a big kit. Its almost a full 15in long. It has raised rivets and very deep scribe lines. IMAG0085.jpg Dry fitting the hull is not to bad will have to do some seam work. IMAG0086.jpg IMAG0087.jpg

A few pics of the sprues. IMAG0089.jpg
IMAG0090.jpg
IMAG0091.jpg
IMAG0092.jpg
The decals are not bad looking at all. Very sharp (well atleast to me.. ;D ) Kit comes with P.E. and will be the only extra things added to the build. This will take a while to complete the build being that im only home once a month.So sit back and enjoy.

Starting with the office floor. PE is started. IMAG0093.jpg
IMAG0094.jpg Center console guages are sanded aways for the PE guages. IMAG0095.jpg I have started on the seats as well. I have a little more to sand on the left side seat then the fun starts over for the right side.

Sorry about the butt tray in the second shot. I know I know its a nasty habit. One im trying to break.

That's a very nice kit! My favorite kit, better then the C model huey. Looking good so far, are you going to put troops too?

It looks like a nice kit. Good start, i'll be following this one. ;)

Cheers!

Nice looking kit. Does it come with crew?

I remember trying to build a 1/72 (I think, might have been 1/48) scale Huey way back when I was young and foolish. Can't remember what happened to it - probably threw it out - but I've been feeling like trying once again one of these days.

Looks like a niely detailed model. Dragon usually does a good part count.
I know you said you're not too good with figures, hey, no time like the present to practice.
This is meant as encouragement. That big Helicopter screams out for a crew.
Good luck with the build. Bill

Thanks for the posts guys. Yes it come with a crew of 4 I believe. It's very detailed. I haven't found any flash as of yet. There are a couple of pin marks in the cabin. The need to be taken care of or they will be seen. Back on the road now so it will be a while before next update. Thanks again guys.
Ron

Latest posts

Back