Does anyone just build from stock anymore?

Ace, that is an awesome attitude and great philosophy. Just like my signature says 'build how you like, like how you build'

Having said that, I'm not sure that is what is being discussed here? I think this is referring to the build itself, not the painting/finishing. I think the original posters question (and many of the replies) refer to adding photo etch, resin details, replacing inaccurate parts, adding aftermarket goodies in general. Even though you choose your own paint jobs, I think in the theme of this thread and the question asked you still build the kit, out of the box.

In other words you're not adding a resin cockpit to replace the kits parts, you're not adding photo etch to replace the detail parts, you're not scratchbuilding stuff to replace anything that may not be 100% accurate.

Cool? Cool!

Just keep doing what you do and enjoy yourself, that's all that matters!

;D

I mostly build OOB. As a matter of fact the F-4B that I am building for the contest is my first venture into aftermarket add-ons other than decals. I did do a slight mod on a Tamiya F4F-4 to correct the floor and add the appearance of a fuel tank under the cockpit but other than that I'm OOB. A big reason why I build OOB is that years ago B.K. (Before Kids ;)) I started getting into contest builds. I started getting so anal about details and paint schemes that I never finished anything. I wanted perfection and nothing else was acceptable to me. Sometimes that old demon still raises his head and I have to beat him into submission but in return I get joy out of my builds not stress. ;D

ShutterAce said:
I started getting so anal about details ... that I never finished anything.

Been there myself, in fact I think I still have those kits tucked away, unfinished.

;D

Latest posts

Back