Does 1/1 scale count? Tusken Raider

stretch

Mods, if this doesn't make the category, feel free to delete it..

I joined the 501st and made my Tusken Raider outfit from scratch.
I made a mould
IMG_4078.jpg
then laid up a fiberglass base.
IMG_4115.jpg
Fitted a helmet inner to it, added some electrical conduit heated up then stretched over a bottle, a couple of marker pens cut down for the blood spitters and a super sculpey nose
IMG_4125.jpg
Added some leather and vinyl wraps around the mouth, silicone tube tips for horns, and muslin wraps over the whole head. Excellent vision and air flow.
End result...
IMG_2002.jpg
Robes made from a pattern sourced from the interweb.. bandoliers the same, wrapped up some boots in cloth and knocked up a sniper rifle.. Badda bing... a Episode 1 Tusken Raider
30102011004.jpg
30102011008.jpg

The 501st is a group of nerds/ adults who refuse to grow up ( like me) ;D, that raise money for charity through donation taken while 'trooping' at various functions. Anything from movie premieres to fetes. One of our Australian members ( Terror Australis Garrison ) has actually just finished walking completely across the country, 3000 miles/5000 km's in Stormtrooper armour ( highest temperature was 42 degrees C/ 108 F !!).

link:

http://www.501st.com/

lol Well Nerds doing stuff for the needy is a good thing then ;D and hats off to those guys for that, that is some challange and i hope they were all ok

Yeah he came through okay. He had no backup vehicles or anything, just pushed a small buggy with all his gear on it.
Last year the 501st raised something like $14 million worldwide primarily for cancer charities.

wow that looks amazing, now you just need some scruff little moisture farmer's kid you can beat up lol

I did my first troop the other day at the 'Star Wars and Beyond' concert at the Perth Concert Hall. So awesome. Peoples faces light up when they see us, adults and kids alike.
One little girl was screaming hysterically "YOU CANT MAKE ME" when her dad said to go and get her photo taken with me, then when I spoke to her, she immediately latched onto my leg.. HYSTERICAL!!
Apperrently I look scarey to little kids.. go figure

missed this one very cool outfit looks great the 501st is an awesome group but the Rebel Legion is cooler lol I am working on a fleet trooper so I can work with them :)

that's to true I am going to do up a bounty hunter one also just haven't figured out which one I am going to do.

Latest posts

Back