DML Jagdtiger /My First Model

Tony lee

This is the 1995 39-45 series Dragon Jagd-Tiger kit#6051
I had had two heart attacks and couldn't return to my job. My brother suggested I get a hobby to keep me from bouncing off the walls with boredom,he said build a model like we did when we were kids.
Man that had been 55 years ago when I was like 14 years old but he kept insisting I go to some of the model sites and take a look at the progress models had made over the years.

Shocked was an understatement to say the least and prices,oh my gosh,talk about sticker shock. He told me to go on Ebay and find something to bid on. There I found this kit, it was large and the current bid was low so I posted what I was willing to invest and won it for less than my top bid. 8)

Like I told you earlier,I had visited several of the modeling sites and knew there was just all kinds of after market stuff out there and I figured why not go whole hog. Was I in over my head or what?????
With much help from the good people on the internet I got-er done and here's the results.

DML kit/Aber PE set/Fruilmodel tracks/Cavalier resin zimm/Tamiya paints/oil paints/chalks and corn meal.
100_0045.jpg
100_0044.jpg
100_0042.jpg

Corn meal???? Yep corn meal was used mixed with paint for the mud,never gave it a thought that bugs might eat it up, call The Orkin Man ;D

Thanks for spending so much time looking at this I can get long winded,sorry.
Tony lee :)

Tony it's good that you listened to your brother. ;)
I remember you posting this somewhere. It came out awesome buddy, as are all your builds nowadays. Just tackling the AM and PE has my respect. You da man bro.

scratchmod

Thanks a bunch Rob
Chief are you kiddin me??? Man this was a first and makin my own zimm was out of the question. It's one of those resin sets. ;D

Thanks
Tony lee :)

Latest posts

Back