Back after 50 years. . . My first model since 1973

Nice introductory build, Colonel! Welcome to the Herd!
And don't worry-we are each our own strictest critics.
I look forward to seeing your next build!
Best regards,
Brad

Well, I'd say, after 50 years from being away from your bench, you did a heluva great job. As you know we are our worst critics.
Welcome aboard!
Anxious to see more of your builds.

The most important thing (I think, anyway) is that you enjoy your time spent building. for me, the results that I get are NEVER as good as what I envision in my mind's eye, and certainly never as good as the results I see at model shows- those folks are pretty bonkers. But I do like the process... it's a shame that so many kids will never have the experience that we did (when we were younger model builders) and do (now that we're older)

The most important thing (I think, anyway) is that you enjoy your time spent building. for me, the results that I get are NEVER as good as what I envision in my mind's eye, and certainly never as good as the results I see at model shows- those folks are pretty bonkers. But I do like the process... it's a shame that so many kids will never have the experience that we did (when we were younger model builders) and do (now that we're older)
Yes, sir. I certainly agree with you, sir. Both of my daughters at least gave it a try. My youngest got a Stuka and my oldest got a Chevy Sun Cruiser. It did not capture their interest for long. However, I can't be disappointed because their interests were in playing Softball. At least they were outside and not glued to a device stuck in their face.

I agree, it the process of building and the pleasure to know "I built that plane, or ,tank, or car, etc."
I spent so much time and effort on a P-38 cockpit and the instrument panel and its not very visible. On my B-17G which is currently on hold, I have so much going on inside that buils many may never see. But I did enjoy my time assembling and coming up with different ideas. The main thing is to have fun with your builds

Latest posts

Back