Diorama with park Wall

And keep er Rollin' I will can't dissapoint you mate

And we continue with a bit of an update

Bar finishing the park bench and some light weathering the park section of the diorama is finished.

36051_039.jpg

36051_040.jpg

36051_041.jpg

36051_042.jpg

And a nice view on the lovers corner
36051_043.jpg

Next: Grassing up the road.

As always looking forward to any feedback.

With friendly greetz

Robert

Looks good and the nice scratched-in initials adds character. Good eye on the grass under the pine, often a dead or dying zone for grass. Coming along very well.

Cheers, Ski.

Ola Steve

Thanks again for your reply. I always like to sign my works with my name. But I try to make it not too obvious. The initials is also a sort of signature. My wife liked that detail a lot. My name is Robert hers is Karin. A personal touch.
And you are right about the grass. I tried to copy the groundlitter that is found here among the Dutch coast where the only tree that seems to do well in those harsh salty conditions are pinetrees for some reason. Usually the grass is indeed dead. And the ground is littered with a thick layer of dead branches and needles that have fallen off.

That is a nice build so far. What scale is that? Looking great!

Scott

Ola Guys

Thanks for the kind comments.

@ Scott
The scale is 1:35. Miniart 36051 Diorama with park wall.

@ Oldhammer
Thanks for the compliments. Glad you like the small details.

Ola Guys

Got a few steps further with this dio. For the past few days I have painted the parkbench and I have been focusing extensively on dirtying up the parkcorner section under the pinetree. making it the kind of hideout where the local youth stands kinda out of the wind for their smoke and drink. So the ground there is littered with rubbish from empty cigarette packages to cigarette butts empty bottles etc.
It started with this. Cigarette pack and butts and a few empty bottles.
225259_338881832896412_1011235531_n.jpg

And I also wanted an old newspaper in there. So I went searching for a newspaper among the stuff I collected through the years. And I could not find any :| :| Possibly I have some stuff still at my parents house. Easy you might say.. Just print it... But I don't own a printer. So I decided to get creative. I had some yellowing paper around from an old kit. And I took a pencil and drew me a paper myself. It does not resemble any paper iy just has to look like one and since it will never be viewed up close it will do it's job just fine.
307453_339341676183761_1135403114_n.jpg

And I have a larger version of the bottom right image of the last picture where all the rubbish and debris is now added to that corner. It is funny how a small collection of rubbish can make that area look so much more grubbier.
Only need to weather the parkbench and then I can focus on the road.
26359_339391789512083_1502659698_n.jpg

As usual looking forward to any feedback.

First grass on the road.
11385_339643349486927_159026972_n.jpg

734967_339643472820248_1928609732_n.jpg

Some edges need to receive more grass. This certainly applies to the sidewalk area where some shorter grass needs to be placed. And then it needs to be recolored to match the rest of the diorama's grass.

Last update for this diorama base
I tried something different. I wanted to try my hand at a Youtube video as I had never done that before. So I took an overview of the whole project and poured it into a sort of photo presentation. Showing the whole built from beginning to end. So there are some pictures that already appeared here but otherwise it did not fit under the song ;D ;D ;D
Thanks all for the kind words and the feedback. Sit back and enjoy

http://youtu.be/C0wLl5ub9as

I have made a new movie with royalty free music after somebody on facebook notified me that the movie did not show on cellphone. The other movie has been deleted from my youtube account the link from the last post is therefore not accessible anymore. Thanks for the support

Building Miniart 36051 Diorama with park wall

@ Rookie and John
Thank you both for the compliments. Glad you like the dio and the video.

Latest posts

Back