devastator

geegad

well it time to bite the bullet this is my first plane and already i hit a snag the colour of the inside of the cockpit..then ive got to figure out how to paint the inside when there is a load of pre painted photo etch going in aaarrrr...

SAM_2327_zps069767af.jpg
SAM_2328_zps599b952f.jpg

any help would be most appreciated

Redraider is correct ,during wartime 'Most ' of them were interior or cockpit green ,some cases Zinc Chromate (which is more a yellow than green) However ,some were also left in the raw aluminium too ,so which ever one you decide on ,you wont really be wrong ;)

BTW ,they used Green in cockpits as it was believed to be the easiest colour on the eyes for long flights ;)
Chris.

cheers for your help like photo's dusky..and thank you redraider56 im going with the green and cheers chris for telling me the reason its a green its easy on the eye a bit like mila kunis yumyum

I am in the midst of building this kit and just wanted to forewarn you...extreme care is needed in taking these parts off the sprue...as careful as I have been, I have still broken a handful of them...

cheers jeeves will do...im still trying to get my head around painting and adding colour photo etch..its a right ball ache

welll got some pics up left my camera at mates so got most of the painting done just about to start the weathering ive made a load of school boy errors in this kit as you will see whoops'e..and i had been told but the plastic in this kit is so brittle its a joke
SAM_2365_zps762b83f2.jpg
SAM_2366_zps8c0428b1.jpg
SAM_2362_zps05dc47ed.jpg
SAM_2372_zps90f31987.jpg
SAM_2369_zps2495913e.jpg
SAM_2370_zps9e182202.jpg

and here's the main problem dam hairs/cotton bud's/and dust/all in one decal
SAM_2375_zps73438cb4.jpg

Looks great. Since you're gonna weather it just work that problem area with weathering.

Yeah, if that's a model with errors, I'd love to see what your quality work looks like ;D

I agree with Scott, just weather the area around the insignia a little more.

geegad said:
cheers jeeves will do...im still trying to get my head around painting and adding colour photo etch..its a right ball ache
So the left one feels ok then?
Your work looks lovely. The paint looks just right!

Those decals look amazing, if you told me that those roundels were painted, I would believe you. No one but you will ever see the dust or the rest of cotton bud. What did you use to apply them?

well thank you lads for you kind comments im taken aback so thank you...the barron..billb..chris....rookie...and yanpol i just microset and matt varnish..Eagledriver1982

Latest posts

Back