GWH 1/48 TBD-1 Devastator

Jeeves

About time I got this big boy started...something to bide my time until the Spring Contest starts up...
002%7E30.jpg

Some office progress....

I am using ModelAir Interior Green inside...still have some area to paint...reference pics are few and far between for the interior and everything is in the pre-war aluminum finish when I do spot some.
006%7E30.jpg

No idea what the little panel on the pedestal in the lower left of this pic is??--
007%7E30.jpg

Still more to add...and then I have to add the individual gauge decals to the panels...I'll be in this stage for a while yet....

Second that, Roy! Jeeves, are those your own belts for the harnesses? They're nicely done, whatever the source.

I just checked my only reference for the TBD, the old Aero publication booklet, to see if I could see what that box in the gunner's compartment is, but there's no photo that shows the floor at the back of his station. Could be part of the electrical system, or anything, I can't tell.

Thanks guys!

Baron....the belts are part of the included PE frets...and thanks for trying to help....

More work on the Great Wall Hobby Devastator...

Even with what I know know...even being extra extra careful, at times I get breaks on the parts :(

Here is where we are now...closing up the fuselage-- but some shots of inside first-- need to touch up the fire extinguisher a bit...
009%7E20.jpg
010%7E17.jpg

And closing up the rear side with no issues...
008%7E26.jpg

And then there's the front...
013%7E7.jpg

I think I can see which panel is in the way...once the glue I currently have in there cures, I will try to wiggle it into place.....

Latest posts

Back