DER HOFNARR ( re-upload of " Modern Snacks ") modified Ma.K. Kuster

:p not really - but thanks !
It's slowly evolving . I'll get some progress pix up tonight

So now maybe halfway there . about .

42 % ?

I have them stuck down to these little planks so I don't have to touch them at all and it's easy to position them horizontal or even inverted for painting .
Using Hobby Lobby's Blu Tack equivalent " Simply Tacky " ( I think that was the name ; only 2 bucks ) . Works great -- very strong .

A shot of Dullcote would really help the feet but it's too early .

iUcvP0i.jpg
ezQsgff.jpg
1ZhYQgG.jpg
YIXnrDH.jpg

xwA4wv8.jpg
zyhPXLU.jpg

Last edited:
Now maybe 67% there with the legs .
Haven't touched the brass elements or metal wire , ,, and these pix show me so much icky that needs to be fixy

NcNgMBP.jpg
384ubA3.jpg
ArRzwG9.jpg
Y23cLHz.jpg
eeQxXqZ.jpg

I'm going to start making the left and right masters for the exhaust pipes so I can cast a whole mess of them :

iwznXhD.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno... they're looking pretty good to me...
..the bells..those were so the enemy knows it's coming...?
It's funny, but I didn't know about the primary colours, until you started weathering,..now...WOW cool
Keep it going U !

:D Yeah - the bells announce his arrival ( he gets a couple more at the back of the turret ) .
Prancing in , screaming like Woody before dumping 50 or 60 rounds of HE 32mm on your azz . ... then running away shielded by poison gas grenades ( still needs the grenade launchers attached to the turret )

What do you mean by : " It's funny, but I didn't know about the primary colours, until you started weathering, " ?

Perfect
I meant ..I wasn't sure how the bright primary colours were going to work on a killing machine like this. I wasn't totally sold on the idea... is all...

Oooh -- Heh heh . He is actually a battlefield-TV asset ; works for Cosmo News or something . He gets a company logo when I finally decide on one ;)

That's what the big optics pod is for - he's essentially a war photographer . he only carries enough ammo to get himself out of jams .
Combatants aren't allowed to intentionally fire on him . Interplanetary treaties and what not ....

iLsN7wA.jpg

Ha ha -- yeah , sorry . All that narrative went missing with the original thread .
Likewise with the whole timeline I conjured up for the Huffinstrasse dio . ... gone now and I don't remember much of it

He's been sitting in a vehicle yard full of salvaged battlefield chit , and now the owners of the yard want to see if he can be repaired or if it's better to just part him out .
Took them long time to finally get clear ownership of the salvage and another 9 months for Liszt & Sons to make it out to whatever planet this is ,,, so the Hof has been sitting out in the weather long time .
In the dio there will be a tarp that's been pulled off the turret so the turret will be unevenly weathered ,

Last edited:
:D Ha ha , thanks , man .

I've set back up on the Falke XL -- Try and finish the right side intake .

I'm putting this paint-work aside , ,,, causing me brain to malfunctionate

Ryprbyc.jpg

The original kit part for the grate @ the back of the turret was repurposed for the oil cooler grate .
I wet sanded the back off to turn it into a true grate . Who wants a fake grate ?

X1tz6hr.jpg
LIfaH3r.jpg
QAEgZwR.jpg
TF9baWD.jpg

wet-sand yourself into happiness

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back