urumomo

Reaction score
:p not really - but thanks !
It's slowly evolving . I'll get some progress pix up tonight

urumomo

Reaction score
So now maybe halfway there . about .

42 % ?

I have them stuck down to these little planks so I don't have to touch them at all and it's easy to position them horizontal or even inverted for painting .
Using Hobby Lobby's Blu Tack equivalent " Simply Tacky " ( I think that was the name ; only 2 bucks ) . Works great -- very strong .

A shot of Dullcote would really help the feet but it's too early .

Last edited:

urumomo

Reaction score
:D he needs to look beat up and been sitting in the weather a long time

urumomo

Reaction score
Now maybe 67% there with the legs .
Haven't touched the brass elements or metal wire , ,, and these pix show me so much icky that needs to be fixy

I'm going to start making the left and right masters for the exhaust pipes so I can cast a whole mess of them :

Last edited:

Belugawrx

Reaction score
I dunno... they're looking pretty good to me...
..the bells..those were so the enemy knows it's coming...?
It's funny, but I didn't know about the primary colours, until you started weathering,..now...WOW cool
Keep it going U !

urumomo

Reaction score
:D Yeah - the bells announce his arrival ( he gets a couple more at the back of the turret ) .
Prancing in , screaming like Woody before dumping 50 or 60 rounds of HE 32mm on your azz . ... then running away shielded by poison gas grenades ( still needs the grenade launchers attached to the turret )

What do you mean by : " It's funny, but I didn't know about the primary colours, until you started weathering, " ?

Belugawrx

Reaction score
Perfect
I meant ..I wasn't sure how the bright primary colours were going to work on a killing machine like this. I wasn't totally sold on the idea... is all...

urumomo

Reaction score
Oooh -- Heh heh . He is actually a battlefield-TV asset ; works for Cosmo News or something . He gets a company logo when I finally decide on one ;)

That's what the big optics pod is for - he's essentially a war photographer . he only carries enough ammo to get himself out of jams .
Combatants aren't allowed to intentionally fire on him . Interplanetary treaties and what not ....

urumomo

Reaction score
Ha ha -- yeah , sorry . All that narrative went missing with the original thread .
Likewise with the whole timeline I conjured up for the Huffinstrasse dio . ... gone now and I don't remember much of it

urumomo

Reaction score
He's been sitting in a vehicle yard full of salvaged battlefield chit , and now the owners of the yard want to see if he can be repaired or if it's better to just part him out .
Took them long time to finally get clear ownership of the salvage and another 9 months for Liszt & Sons to make it out to whatever planet this is ,,, so the Hof has been sitting out in the weather long time .
In the dio there will be a tarp that's been pulled off the turret so the turret will be unevenly weathered ,

Last edited:

urumomo

Reaction score
:D Ha ha , thanks , man .

I've set back up on the Falke XL -- Try and finish the right side intake .

I'm putting this paint-work aside , ,,, causing me brain to malfunctionate

urumomo

Reaction score
since descriptive methodologies are appreciated :
The original kit part for the grate @ the back of the turret was repurposed for the oil cooler grate .
I wet sanded the back off to turn it into a true grate . Who wants a fake grate ?

wet-sand yourself into happiness

Last edited: