Dell SUCKS!

B

Black Sheep 1

I have a credit line with Dell and today I purchased the MS Office 2010 download.
When I was checking out it said the DL would be available within 4-8 hours.
Now it says Nov 30th.
So I decided to call Customer Service......45 minutes on hold and waiting.

DELL SUCKS!!!!

I feel ya man. I have experienced both ends of the spectrum with Dell. 10 years ago I bought a Dell and had a few problems, called customer service, 10+ stars Two Thumbs Up etc. A few years ago, about 2007 I had an issue and total opposite. I have a Dell now that I like, I just hope I don't have to call C.S. for any issues...

yes Dell does suck and i suppose u were speaking to some Indian guy you couldn't understand?

spud said:
yes Dell does suck and i suppose u were speaking to some Indian guy you couldn't understand?
Nope, after being on hold for 1 hour 17 minutes I gave up.

Dusky said:
Don't buy a HP either.

Agreed, I use to do computer repair for $$'s and 8 out of 10 computers that came in with hardware problems were HP's. The only thing that company does half way right these days is printers.

Has never had a problem with my Dell other then calling Customer Service and not being to talk to the Rep without Rosetta Stone!!!!!

i have a Hp laptop i bought about 8 years ago and there is noting wrong with it never has been, the printer i have is also hp and its great for being so old

adampolo13 said:
Grendels said:
The only thing that company does half way right these days is printers.

Love my HP printer, don't love the cost of Ink....

I have an HP as well, have use many others, Dell, Lexmark, Brother....keep coming back to HP.

Yes the ink is expensive. I have the HP Officejet Pro 8500. Tried one of those ink well systems in it....just never worked properly, colors never came out the same as with HP ink. Best and cheapest place I have price the ink for mine is Amazon. They sell the ones I need at my Costco, but to replace all the ink wells on min (3 colors and a black) with the XL size wells, would run me about $150, can usually get the same thing on Amazon for about $100-$110. One set of XL size wells will last me just about a year, so in the end, not really that bad, just a swift kick to the pills having to fork out that much for ink all at once.

But even some of the cheaper printers....the ink refills are more expensive than a new printer, which sucks as far as landfill goes as most would just buy the new printer that comes with fresh ink, rather than replacement ink cartridges. Can't say as I blame them really.

With Lexmark and a few other companies, they use the color ink when they print black only. There by forcing you to buy more ink. I refuse to use those companies for this reason. A black printout should only use the black cartridges.... :mad:

I have quite a few laser printers at my office and home. HP makes the best with the cheapest cartridges. Avoid Lexmark, their cartridges cost way more than HP does for the same number of printouts.

Samsung is a good option with laser printers. I have one at home that is outstanding and the cartridges are not expensive.

I can't stand HP printers. They use a soy based ink which they tout as environmentally friendly, but it's nearly as toxic as the rest of them.

I have an Epson right now and when it dies I'll likely get another one.

If you're at all technical, consider building a computer from scratch. It won't necessarily come out cheaper than buying a pre-built name brand but you'll have several advantages in the long run.

- You'll know exactly what hardware is in the machine so if something goes wrong, you know what company to go to (or avoid next time) to fix the problem.
- You can design the machine to your exact needs without compromise (within budget, of course) rather than being stuck with what they give you.
- You won't be forced to deal with any software you don't need. More often than not, what causes problems with name brand machines is some kind of in-house custom-hacked software they give you rather than straight retail versions. Those usually hog system resources or otherwise cause conflicts with standard software that's trying to do the same job.

Building a machine isn't that hard. With one or two exceptions (which can be dealt with by simply reading instructions!) every connector is a different size and shape - it's very hard to mess something up. Once you have all your parts in hand, building it shouldn't take more than an hour or so. What will take you a few days is getting up to speed software wise - updating Windows and various drivers, installing your applications, moving over your files.

If you're lucky enough to have a MicroCenter near you, the majority of the store is dedicated to just parts. You can literally walk those aisles with a cart and come out with everything you need. If they're not close to you, do searches for local computer shows. More often than not, the vendors at those shows are local so if you keep business cards and receipts you can go back to them later on outside the show.

Ken Abrams said:
I use an abacus.

*slides three red beads to the left

:) Oh, my aunt brought me a beautiful one back from the (then) USSR when came back from a touristic trip in the late 80´s.

It was beautifully simple, but I have never learnt to use it. Conceptually it is a really terrific device. :)

Latest posts

Back