Decal Set Solution question

Tobes2us

Hi guys, just a quick question about decal set/solutions. I've read a similar post about all the ins and outs of using decal setting solutions and I think I'm definitely sold on their individual uses. My question is how the decals appear after a few applications. I'm currently trying out the Micro Sol/Set solutions. I'm fairly certain I'll be trying another brand, although I'm not completely sure how (after 4 applications) the decals should be looking without a final clear coat. I'm at work right now and can't post pics up yet but I will to show what I'm getting at. I'm building an NCC-1701-C currently and there are 2 decals on the warp nacelles that have to be applied over some "ribbing" on the top of the nacelle. I was hoping to see the decals suck down a little more than they have so far after 4 or so applications of the setting solution. There is obvious space between the ribbing and the decal. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm stil getting back into this hobby and I consider myself a newb at best. This project is a test and learning experience, however I would like to make my best efforts on it still. I'll post some pics up later on this thread to show what I'm talking about. Thanks for any input!

Tobes

Use the solvent to get it to lay down. The set does just that, sets it in place. Multiple applications of Sol are not unheard of. The good news is eventually they will lay down.

Latest posts

Back