decal fix

brian

Hi All
Regards to fixing decals, just curious as to what members think is the best?? i know theres various solutions for sale etc but have heard that Tamiya thinners X20-A is pretty good, just wondering how this would be acheived?? i would of thought the thinners would be corrosive towards the decals??
thanks
Brian

Hi

In my opinion the winner is Mr.Hobby fluid. I used that to really poor, old decals, always achieve nice results. Earlier I've used Microscale products, also very good.

Przemo

Microscale products I use. I haven't tried them all but the ones I have used Microscale are the best

Gav

The X20-A & tamiya thin cement should only be used as a last resort on stubborn decals that wont settle down nice leaving a lot of silvering ...yes Tammy extra thin cement can be used (carefully ) I normally use Micro Sol myself tho ,it usually does the trick :)

Chris.

A friend of mine that builds models swears by Walthers SOLVASET for really stubborn thick decals. I have not used it but I have seen some of his work and it looks like it's does the job for him.

I'm with ECH, kiwi gav and Chris I like the Micro Sol and Micro Set.

Chris S said:
The X20-A & tamiya thin cement should only be used as a last resort on stubborn decals that wont settle down nice leaving a lot of silvering ...yes Tammy extra thin cement can be used (carefully ) I normally use Micro Sol myself tho ,it usually does the trick :)

Chris.

Do you have to be cautouse to the base paint underneath the decal when using the Tamiya X-20 thinner? In other words will the thinner atack acrylic or enamel paints? I recently had an issue where a set of numbers silvered on me regardless to several attempt at setting them and shrinking them with Microscale products.

Latest posts

Back