De Lorean from Back To The Future Part II

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, made a start on this old but revamped kit. Nothing to show really apart from the 'greased' up chassis. This allows the wheels to be put in flight mode ;)
IMG_9959_zps96e353ef.jpg

Looking forward to this John

I'm sure youve got a surprise somewhere in how you are going to finish her....iced up perhaps?

J

Lol dunno J I was kinda hoping this was going to be an OOB build to clear my head ???

Lol don't hold your breath it's way out of my comfort zone lol. Does anyone recommend any paints for the body colour? I was going to go Alclad......but it would be nice to have a Tamiya or a Humbrol alternative (plus they're cheaper and easy for me to pick up locally).

Try the Humbrol polishable metalcote stuff they got in spraycan and in normal format.Both are enamel based.

Check this vid they look nice and easy to handle and i think they have 2-3 colors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn9_Y7v0PXI

I only tried the normal paint jar format and it was good for me.You only need a nice cloth to polish it but easier with a dremel :)!

Thanks mate, they look ridiculously easy to use.....now watch me screw it up!

Well I opted for the new AK True Metal wax paints and they're amazing. So easy to use you brush on, buff with your finger. Done.
6E8A2F59-DAC6-4DBF-B74E-502658793337_zpsqfotmymp.jpg
D93EE692-E7EA-40CD-B013-C55DDCB2D13E_zpsn3b7cxzw.jpg
6DC4C607-CCFD-49FC-A6A8-4E499E6C9FB2_zpsk1sivgjb.jpg
The wheels have been done with the Alloy wax ;)

Hell yeah!I will have to buy those metalic paints!Realy lovely finish :)!Keep it up!

Someone else asked me that on my FB page but having never used Rub & Buff I wouldn't know. :-\

I like that stuff Jonny, gives a realistic brushed stainless feel to me

Can you just clear gloss over it or future over it?

Gag

Latest posts

Back