Dawn of the Apocalypse Contest

:) Hey guys, " I just drop in ..." (like Big Lewobskys soundtrack song) to ask a question...

A friend from the forum (I will give no name, son do not ask me who he was ;D ;D ) very kindly suggested me to enter in this group build...

But I think there are several "troubles", I´ll tell you:

* I began to build the model past August 01st...

* I´m of the opinion that the model that I´m building fits (at least I think so...) "pretty well" in the following "dystopian universes" :

- Aliens (film),
- Starship Troopers (the film style, not the novel)...
- Even in the "Akira" animation film...

It is not an "improvised" vehicle...

My friend suggested me to join in, but I think that the better is to ask for persmission & opinion, taking also in counter that this model is not purely a "post apocalyptic" / zombie killer ;)

So I´m interesting in hearing you freely (from top to non-top)...

I´m definitely no looking for prizes / competition ! just to "sum":) If you think that I should go directly to the sci-fi area, there I´ll go... :)

Cheers guys, I hear you... absolutely no troubles, zero-none-no... :)

Cheers,
Jelly

Hey Jelly,
Let's see the build, hard to give you any solid answer without that.

Scott Girvan said:
Hey Jelly,
Let's see the build, hard to give you any solid answer without that.

Of course :) :)!

Here are a few pics…

PB010163.jpg

PB010162.jpg

PB010165.jpg

PB120189.jpg

PB120188.jpg

PB120190.jpg

As you can see, it goes more or less in this “line”…

Colonial_Marines_M577_APC_by_bagera3005.png

Could be zombie apocalypse...I mean did you see Kenneth's 'tank'.

Go for it.

Hi all! I mentioned in my introduction that i don't make plastic models (at least not yet) but instead i recycle old toys that i buy from flea markets. Is it okay to participate?
Looking forward of seeing lots of PA-vehicles. Hopefully this build will continue long after the contest is over, there is just too little of this kind of stuff around.

sipari said:
Hi all! I mentioned in my introduction that i don't make plastic models (at least not yet) but instead i recycle old toys that i buy from flea markets. Is it okay to participate?

Hi. This contest is for scale models. I realize toy mods are very close but I have to simply draw a line...keep the contest on even ground for all.

crashandcynder said:
this is my car
Very cool. Please create a new forum thread for this build as this thread is more about questions and answers regarding the contest. Thanks.

Just supposing I think I have time and I happen to have an old Firebird glue bomb I was looking to do something with, can we enter more than one car or is it one each kind of thingy?

More than one is fine by me. If anyone enters two and places twice you only win top seed.

FYI
The judging is going to be done by three independent modellers...that aren't regulars here...I'm not one of them either. I will upload images to a page and have them vote for top three.

That is fair Scott. I don't know if I should even be thinking about it with all the builds I need to finish. But I have been thinking of doing something with that Firebird. These kind of builds are great for recycling old builds. You don't have to worry about paint etc.

" Hi. This contest is for scale models. I realize toy mods are very close but I have to simply draw a line...keep the contest on even ground for all."
Fair enough. Main thing is to be able to see lots of PA-vehicles :).

The deadline is Friday the 13th of December?! Yikes, I better get my butt in gear!!

Damn , wish I saw this contest earlier, would have been fun, time not on my side atm...

Great work so far Scott, enjoy following the build!

Wish I caught this earlier too!
I not long got back in to building and just joined the forum but this is just the kind of thing I wanted to get into when I started building again.
'Apocalys-ised' military trucks!

Glad I seen it though some great builds for this contest, and loads of inspo!

Hey guys and welcome to SMA. A bit tight for the contest but feel free to build one.

Won't be near finished by the deadline, but this is all great stuff to watch and get inspired. 8)

I won't be finished by the 13th either...no chance. We'll keep the group build going of course.

Should we extend the deadline? Say to the 20th?

Latest posts

Back