Dawn of the Apocalypse Contest

I love their website Scott!!! I ordered what would be the first place prize last week. Couldn't resist. Lol. I have the 1950 Ford truck just waiting on my package from them to get started. ;D

Awesome CT! This is gonna be fun...already is.

Watched your vid today. Did't realize you did some screen time. Good to see you...you and I we got us some accents. ;)

Looking forward to that truck man. You're gonna rock it (and totally qualify for this contest and the DWC contest too)

Thanks Scott. Looking forward to yours as well. I'm a little worried about the time frame but it's nothing some Red Bull can't fix. Lol!

Oh man, I just noticed this thread. I can't keep up! :-[ I'm trying to get a build done for the "Shelf Queen" ,"Rumors of War" and others you guys haven't even seen yet. I got a feeling the group builds are going to slooow down.

Okay, supposing I want to be right silly and do something for this. I guess it would be okay to improve upon an already completed build? I feel like a kid that is totally drawn to shiny objects or something.

Thanks, just checking. Thought I needed to start another project like I need a kick in the butt. ::) But you know I was looking for an excuse to improve on my 66 Malibu thingy. Wasn't 100% happy with it. I don't like looking at it knowing I'm not quite satisfied.

Scott Girvan said:

Watched your vid today. Did't realize you did some screen time. Good to see you...you and I we got us some accents. ;)

CTspeedshop said:
Yep. Lol. No denying that. ;)

He awlso has wicked pissa taste in basebawll teams! (or at least hats) Go Sawx! 8)

Ken Abrams said:
Scott Girvan said:

CTspeedshop said:
Yep. Lol. No denying that. ;)

He awlso has wicked pissa taste in basebawll teams! (or at least hats) Go Sawx! 8)
I'm a Southern Boy Ken so these Braves fans down here hate this hat. Lol!

Going to the Post Office tomorrow at lunch to get my package from Dark World Creations. I'm getting excited. ;D

alright now this gives me a reason to get to work on my Zombie survival vehicle :)

Have an idea for the build ;) But the time limit isn't realistic for me. Their prices seem very high for me also. It would cost a small fortune for the average buyer to get a set.

The time limit for their contest is set in stone...as for our time limit for the build here on SMA...well it's not set in stone in my mind - we're here for fun.

It's not rare that resin upgrade sets can cost more than the kit, also I've seen these first hand and they are made very well. I've also seen an apocalyptic school bus on FB today that has literally blown my mind and got me thinking about my build. Can't wait to start.

dogfish7 said:
Their prices seem very high for me also.

I have to disagree with you. Being that the product is resin does add a bit of a price tag but the prices are not any higer than other resin a.m. products. Also, based completely on what I've seen online, from a quality standpoint, their prices are very reasonable.

JohnSimmons said:
It's not rare that resin upgrade sets can cost more than the kit, also I've seen these first hand and they are made very well. I've also seen an apocalyptic school bus on FB today that has literally blown my mind and got me thinking about my build. Can't wait to start.
I'm very happy with my purchase from them. I don't mind paying a little extra for a good quality product and I would say what I purchased is just that. ;D

Latest posts

Back