Corelian Easy Target

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
Since I don't think i posted that here, on a seperate topic that is, here is a "simple" project that started as a way to fix an old MPC kit of the Falcon. I decided I wanted to do the blue-strips one from Episode 3 but, don't ask me why, ended up with red strips and modifying it A LOT ! :D

Named it "Corelian easy target" since its colors make it appear like a moving target.

As you can see, I took the laser canons windows to make gun turret on the flanks, add some very big gun on the top, changed the cockpit a bit (not the YT-1300 shape in here, the pilots are Nausicaa of the valley of wind figures BTW), the engines and a lot of details and "add on" parts (F-14 1/48, Plastic sprues, various tanks wheels) on the hull.

Since there was no direction at all, I let the inspiration guide me on this one. Heavy weathering was a pure joy to do too.

Another recent picture of the Corelian Easy Target, token at Geekopolis (Paris).

dsc02313.jpg

Yeah, I needed to fill the void here, and it seems more logical since the "falcon" weapons are on the edges, to have some serious weaponry on the top...

I'm happy with the result, even 3 or 4 years later. But my "blue falcon" is way more impressive with a new detailing skills I developped (thanks to some projects like this one) and a new ground for me : lighting. :)
Please check it out. :)
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,8875.60.html

dsc02384.jpg

Latest posts

Back