Contest Chatter

Junkie

Discuss your ideas about the contest here...no questions though - that goes in the other thread.

Woo Whooo ;D The madness begins. Good luck everyone. Remember the goal is completion not perfection.

Looks like another aweseome contest. And the earlier start date is a great idea. As much as I'd like to join in, I'm going to sit this one out. I've won stuff the last three years so I feel it only fair. :) Good luck ye all'.

Hey noname, I would encourage you to participate in the BSC. If you win you can always donate your gifts to a jr. Member or somebody that may have finished just below you.

Thanks for your thoughts Adampolo. I'm good, I think it is nicer for someone to win a prize for themselves tho. :)

So,...I was thinking, ...last year myself, Grendels and John Simmons each donated a kit to see Scott participate in the contest. All he had to do is complete a build. I wonder if there are any different members that would like to offer a kit for this years incentive. ;)

This is going to be my first contest, and it will be my first model build in 30 years! My skill level is limited, but I have a kit already lined up and ready to go. I just hope that my model doesn't turn out so poorly that it won't "take flight" (a hint for the category I will be entering! :p ). I won't be winning anything as a beginner, so I hope that everyone understands my sincerity when I say "Good luck to all of you; and I hope that you have a lot of fun!" :)

The last couple of years I've registered to participate in the contest but due to work and health issues I wasn't able to even start a build.
I hope this year I can actually build one.

Ahhh, awesome. Looking forward to another great SMA BSC. I have a couple of subjects in mind, hoping to decide once and for all by the weekend. GL everyone!

I must admit that I'm rather sad about the no-dio ruling this year. All of my planed entries included a base...

Perhaps it's because I come from the world of tabletop gaming. I don't consider a model to be finished without a base. A tank just sitting there on it's tracks with nothing going on around it bores me - sorry, but that's the way it is.

So I guess that I'm confined to the all-open category this year. Bummer...

G'morning, gents!
I am not perticularly happy about the "no base whatsoever"-rule either, but be that as it may. I am definitely in. 3 months is a very short contest for a ship builder, but maybe it's going to teach me not to look at the model for 5 minutes every time I have added a bit. ;D
I haven't decided on a particular kit, but a good number of kits from the stash come to mind. I'll decide this on a whim.
I am much looking forward to the competition!
Cheers,
Guido

Although no bases or dio in the contest that doesn't mean you can't finish your build that way.

Just take photos prior to that work for the contest.

Sounds great I'll maybe do another Millennium Falcon modification..........(everyone sighs & shakes head)

J

I'm amped for this, think I'm going to try something I've never done before, Sci Fi. Have the kit in my stash, going outside my comfort zone but I've been itching to start it so this gives me a perfect excuse ;D.

I'm gonna try something too....no idea as to what just yet. Definitely want to try something unusual, out of my 'zone'.

Latest posts

Back