Challenger 2

letsgobrowns82

Well with my other builds in the slow stages of watching paint dry and decaling its time to start something new. I went with the Tamiya Challenger 2 kit from my stash. It looks like a fun build and the last tamiya I built went together great so I'm not expecting and problems with fit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

lol tamiya and fit probloms dont go together ;D looking forward to this lgb

Starting assembly here, working on the road wheels which are molded with pretty nice detail.

The lower hull is going together well and its got a lot of nice detail as well.

andrei383 said:
looking forward to this build, ive been considering the Tamiya C2 as a future build! :D
You should pick one up. Its a great looking kit. Theres a lot of nice detail and barely any flash. Its just what you would expect from a Tamiya kit.

Well the hull is going together well. Everything fits great and theres a lot of nice detail to it.

Theres a lot of nice recessed detail that will really stand out with some washes and weathering. I can see that this kit is really going to build into something nice.

you see that light thingy at the back? ild have left that out until after painting . but yes that will be a sweet one to weather

spud said:
you see that light thingy at the back? ild have left that out until after painting . but yes that will be a sweet one to weather

I don't want to contradict you SPUD ! but its OK to leave them on... He will be able to add little specks of Red/black and Orange and what ever else goes on those Lights afterwards ! but yes it would have been easier to do as a LAST TOUCH ... but too late now and PLZ don't take them off... as you risk breaking the Small brush guards you've put over it...

I have this kit in my stash as well but it came with another kit... should I share what it is ???

LOL !

Good luck with your C2.. it's a beauty of a kit ! enjoy the TAMIYA's "Savoir Faire" !

oh i know some people will put everything on then paint, i was just giving my taughts on it, there is noting wrong with this way mine is just easier :) as im sure you well know

spud said:
Yeah I debated it for a while and ended up putting them on just because I could still access them to paint but I didnt have to worry about getting that cage one and having glue streak the paint or anything.

I used to work for a company that made components for the Challenger & Challenger II so one day i would love to build one. ;D

Is there any PE on the market for this kit? or does it even need any?

Will follow with interest on this one, looks good so far. ;D

8)

Gag

The Nylon Gag said:
I used to work for a company that made components for the Challenger & Challenger II so one day i would love to build one. ;D

Is there any PE on the market for this kit? or does it even need any?

Will follow with interest on this one, looks good so far. ;D

8)

Gag
Tamiya makes a PE set that is for the rear engine grills and eduard has a PE set thats much bigger for 20 bucks. The kit itself doesnt include any but the detail is really nice on it. I'm just building this one out of box.

You are right! The Tamiya kit builds up really nice as is! But if you are looking for those extra bits...of details the grills are a nice touch! The other P.E. kit gives you Fuel caps with the Word FUEL stamped in it and many tie downs and small hinges and padlocks and other tiny details the AFiCIONADO are looking for!

Looking forward to your next update!

More assembly here. The kit is nice but I am seeing that a photo etch upgrade wouldnt hurt it. I'm considering picking up eduards kit for this model. Not sure yet.

Most of the assembly is done. Ive left off the parts I dont want painted and sprayed one coat of Israeli Armor Sand. I've got to do another coat to get even coverage and then its going to get gloss coated and have a pin wash. After I am going to dry brush it for some color modulation and then it may have to wait depending on how long it takes for my order of AK Interactive streaking set to get here. I'm really excited to try those out. I've heard so much about AK Interactive's products.

Thats looking real tidy with the paint on :) dont forget your decals before you start with washes ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back