Catwoman - A Real Shelf Queen :)

The touch of gloss to her eyes and mouth complete the face almost perfectly.
Excellent work

Lots of action today! I masked the face with latex mold builder, attached the right arm, and basecoated the catsuit with black.

Here's the raw arm joint right after I epoxied the pieces together:
c63a6d3c.jpg

Here's the rough application of Aves Apoxie Sculpt. I put it on while it was fresh and sticky so it would really grip tightly into the gap.
11b38b9e.jpg

After letting the Aves set up for about 20 minutes, I used a little sculpting tool to remove the excess putty and smooth the joint. I followed this up with a wet paintbrush to get the putty really smooth.
fa513f13.jpg

A coat of Mr Surfacer and a little wet sanding and we're all one piece now!
426f1f8f.jpg

Now the fun... Airbrushing! Several light coats were needed to fully cover the figure with all its nooks and crannies.
eaf61a37.jpg

I let the acrylic paint harden up for a while and then carefully removed the latex mask. Edges looked pretty good with no major goofs. I'll have to cut in the edge of the mask with a paintbrush.
a3d81654.jpg

And here we are, ready to start the detail painting on the various parts of the suit. I have to decide on what kind of gloss coat to use, but I have to get all those stitches painted first!
53eb95cd.jpg

Looks awesome mate, nice job with the seam and masking. I was a little worried when she was completely black lol :-X

merseajohn said:
Looks awesome mate, nice job with the seam and masking. I was a little worried when she was completely black lol :-X

That was ninja-mode :)

I just picked up an ultra-fine white paint marker at Hobby Lobby that just might make the stitch work a lot easier!

The face looks totally lifelike. Very vivad. Great work on the arm joint....seemless bond.
The black coat for the catsuit is just right. Looking forward to the finish. Bill

Thank you for your comments, gents ;)

Not a whole lot of progress this week since I've been busy with other stuff :(

The white paint pen makes it easier to color the stitches, but it is not a perfect solution and I'll have to go back to retouch some spots. I'm still not finished with the stitches because I can only do a few lines then I have to let the white paint dry before I can handle the figure (or else I get white spots on the black paint!).
adca0cb5.jpg

The white stitches are really bright against the black but I'll add a grey-black wash over them later to tone them down a bit.
5652eaeb.jpg

Punch list of things still remaining:
1) Finish painting the stitches white
2) Retouch some of the stitches with black
3) Retouch areas of the suit that got white paint on them because I touched wet paint and then handled the figure
4) Finish cutting the edges of the mask with black
5) Add a wash on the seams & stitches to tone down the white
6) Paint a couple of Future gloss coats on the suit
7) Put a semi-gloss coat on the boots
8) Glue the claws onto the fingertips and paint them dark gray
9) Make a display base

Getting closer!

Thanks for looking,
Joseph

Beautiful work on that stitching.
She's going to be gorgeous when you get her done

Not a whole lot of time to work on models lately :(
BUT, today I got two coats of Future on Catwoman:
49cda3dd.jpg

We're going to be out of town this weekend and it seems unlikely that I will be able to finish it before then.

Thanks for your continued support!

She looks beautiful, the face does look very life-like, stitching looks real & the catsuit has the right shine.

Is there just the claws to be done?

J

Thanks again for the comments. Well, I'm about 350 miles away from home and my models right now. I can't wait to get back early next week and finish the Catwoman! I'm already thinking about the next figure I want to build. I recently got the new Moebius Iron Man MkVI, which is a regular styrene kit. I also have three more large vinyl figures in my collection: an AMT Darth Vader, a Halcyon Judge Dredd, and a Revell Batman. Batman will probably be next, but what I really want to build next is a Batgirl :-* !!

Latest posts

Back