Bronco 1/35 40/43M Zrinyi II

Dusky

This kit has been staring at me for awhile. The detail in the kit is top notch and a partial fighting compartment is provided. Instructions are well done and include CAD renders of most PE parts that get folded showing how they are folded, colored lines showing repeated assemblies, and dotted lines for exact placement. The PE parts are very nice, seem thinner than most, and have a paler color compared to most which may be due to a larger percentage composition of zinc. The PE parts have also been etched on both sides in some cases which is great for folding parts. Another thing I like about the kit is that the sprues have been laid out well in that you'll often stick to a single sprue for assembly sections, such as assembling the gun and cradle which is entirely on sprue G with exception to a couple PE parts and the external mantle.

header.jpg

Review 1
Review 2

Bronco is apparently working on the Zrinyi I as well.

This looks like a really cool kit. I've never made a bronco kit, I have their M1114 Heavy Armor that I am dying to start but I've got to finish my M1A2 first. Anyways I cant wait to follow this kit, it looks like something I may have to pick up. Cant wait to see some of the parts and assembly! Get to work!!!! lol

Count me in!! I have been thinking about going after one of these!!! Have fun!!! ;)

Here are steps 1-3. The loading breech is moveable and the gun recoils and slides freely along the gun traverse.
IMG_3525.JPG

I have no idea what colors the interior should be, mainly the gun assembly and the hull. Google search didn't turn up anything useful. Does anyone have any idea what color they should be or the color they are in similar vehicles?

Off to a great start there!! Nice looking gun! Not sure how much help I can be in the interior color range but if there was a possibility that these fell under the normal German mandates for painting then take a peek here: http://byrden.com/panzers/Colours/ This is a fairly decent reference for interior of panzers of the period. Good luck!!

All i've found was the color was a little darker than the Russian green and the interior was an off white.
002-7.jpg

Very cool off the wall model.
Tony lee

Very nice models Tony and Bizarre!

I'll go with and off white color for all of the interior and either a dark red or brown for the seats. I'll probably attempt the tri-color scheme using colors matched to the one survivor.

Pony i'm building mine as an early model which would have been all green and without the screen skirts.

Tony lee

Tony lee said:
Pony i'm building mine as an early model which would have been all green and without the screen skirts.

Tony lee

Would the green be the same in the tricolor or is it a different green?
Do you have a build thread posted anywhere?

So many little assemblies to paint and assemble, and I can't really do the painting part right now.

Tony no wonder the paint looks so good! Thanks for the link. It will definitely help.

There are too many parts to paint before assembly (which I can't do up here at uni) and I still don't know what colors to use so it's on the backburner for now.

Finish yours yet? :p

HI Dusky

What colors to use?
That depends on solid green(early) or tri color camo(late) model like the box cover.

Mine will be the early model so I went with the solid green and no screen skirts.
Base color is sprayed and next is filter and wash.

Christmas break is coming up right? That should give you some time to shake and bake. :)
You've got the URL for my build,take a look and if you have any questions just ask.

Tony lee

I plan on going with the tricolor camo.

It's hard to paint in the snow. ;D

Fine, I'll try to finish it during Winter Break.

Latest posts

Back