Brand new Millenium Falcon...

Omegaman55

Hey,
I was wondering.... What would a brand new, out of the Corelian showroom, Falcon look like???
I spent my entire lunch break at work looking (and I ran over) looking for an "as new" image but no joy... :-(
I am only guessing but, what with all the different coloured panels on her, I would maybe think she was red???
Or, Grey with red graphics????

The more I keep thinking about it, I would REALLY like to build a falcon as-designed-by the federation. I'd love to see a pearl white falcon, with smooth panel lines. NC-1138.

I have a hard time justifying the term "freighter" when applied to the Falcon. In the real world, our freighters are all alike in one way: they have space for cargo and easy access to that cargo. With what we were shown of the Falcon in the films (my interpretation of the Star Wars universe begins and ends with the films), it only has cargo space barely large enough for three humans, two droids, and a wookiee, its only means of entry and egress are a fairly steep and narrow walkway and a tiny round port on the top, and it's all engine. I think the best analogy in our world is a tugboat or tractor. I can see the mandibles being used to hook the ship onto a large cargo container to push it through hyperspace.

merseajohn said:
I think he may mean this one:
vlcsnap-2011-08-30-17h11m12s235.png
Yeah, I think so....
I can't really see them very well on the iPad, need to look on my PC tomorrow...
Thanks guys, I'm not sure it's the way to go, old and used looks so good! :)

Yup! that be the one.... sorry about the link. If you haven't decided on the colours, take a look at the Floquil Railroad paints. ILM used these paints on the Falcon.

I've read somewhere that a cargo module fits inbetween the mandibles and that they actually clamp onto it (eliminating the mandible angle altogether - IMHO) and another cargo module is mounted at the back, resting above the engine vents.

I just wish I could find the links/info for this.

so you are saying those Mandibles actually move ? :-\ so that's were all that talk about them came from ???

Would be cool to find out what the container would look like ?

scratchy said:
I've read somewhere that a cargo module fits inbetween the mandibles and that they actually clamp onto it (eliminating the mandible angle altogether - IMHO) and another cargo module is mounted at the back, resting above the engine vents.

I just wish I could find the links/info for this.

I'll post an image from the Haynes book that illustrates this when I get home from work.

J

schweinhund227 said:
so you are saying those Mandibles actually move ? :-\ so that's were all that talk about them came from ???

Would be cool to find out what the container would look like ?

Yeah Fine molds modeled theres just as Han Solo dropped off his latest shipment! there still retracting lol

Images as promised

p1000476nm.jpg

p1000477ubzb.jpg

J

Quaralane said:
looks like it may be full of possibilities for bashing
That's what I was thinking, if that's the Haynes Manual, I have one on it's way! ;D
Also, I have just ordered two MF kits and I'm so ready to get my hands on it!!!!
The only thing is, it's coming from the States so that can take a while.... :-\
Oh well.... Thinking time... :) :) :)

Wow congratulations on the two ordered MF kits. Which ones did you happen to get? I am trying to decide on either the Fine Molds 1/72 or the Revell MF kit and not too sure which one as of yet. Even thought the FM MC kit is very nice it's so expensive. :-\

ModelByChris said:
Wow congratulations on the two ordered MF kits. Which ones did you happen to get? I am trying to decide on either the Fine Molds 1/72 or the Revell MF kit and not too sure which one as of yet. Even thought the FM MC kit is very nice it's so expensive. :-\
They are both ROTJ MPC kits.
I'm thinking of doing one as a flying Falcon and the other in a diorama, maybe in a space port or something????

Huston, The Falcons have landed! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am so happy Christmas has come early....
I am still waiting for parts from SSM, Trilliance and some stuff for lighting and I guess I'll have no more excuses to not get building :-\ I seem to be getting ideas from all over, in fact, my uncle was working at pinewood as a model builder at the same time Star Wars was there... I must get hold of him....
Anyway, I am so late for the build comp' plus I don't think I'll be up to the standard that you guys are so I will start a new thread in the SciFi section when I do get to it.
Keep up the good work guys!

Latest posts

Back