Bismarck 1/400 Papermodel

Good Evening.
As of tonight, the last Searchlight has now been installed onto the Searchlight Platform on the Forecastle.
The 4 Antennae Booms for the Forecastle have also been assembled and installed. These were quite delicate to handle, and I will have to be careful working around them.

Forecastle%2026_zpsu0kdfzfb.jpg

Forecastle%2027_zpswqpc5721.jpg

Forecastle%2028_zps8rq309h5.jpg

Today also started on the single mount AA guns. The 12 guns have been cutout and edge coloured.

AA%201_zps5epb1mf9.jpg

AA%202_zpsnauqdwww.jpg

This is where I am at tonight.

Thank you for following.
Questions and comments welcome.

Jim

Thank you Patrick.
I'd like to see you try something in watercraft sometime.

Jim

Everytime I come here I am officially amazed :)
I can't believe what you're doing with PAPER for C* sake! Those tiny guns....

Awesome :eek:

Hello.
Well today was able to finish assembling and installing the single mount AA guns.
I built 12 guns but it ended up that I only needed 10. So I guess I have 2 spares.
Installing these was interesting. They each consist of 3 pieces and a completed gun is only 7mm tall. My tweezers were too big, could only place each one near and then use toothpicks to position.

AA%203_zpsg9cv0hpc.jpg

AA%204_zpsfirwsntu.jpg

AA%205_zps8xcopxe6.jpg

AA%206_zpsxeg1ipkz.jpg

This afternoon started on the Dual Mount Guns.

AA207_zpspow1i7fk.jpg

This is where I am at this moment.

Thank you for following.

Jim

Good day and happy Victoria Day for those of us in Canada.

For today's update, the Dual Mount AA Guns are complete and have been installed.

AA%208_zpsbolyvrbn.jpg

AA%209_zpsvhvnsygp.jpg

AA%2010_zpsyfjyahpp.jpg

AA%2011_zpsi3ooglcb.jpg

AA%2012_zpsla2zbil2.jpg

AA%2013_zpspjdkgrwo.jpg

If I was to do this again, the pedestals need to be a little shorter.

Each day now this ship is becoming more alive.

Next up on the agenda are the Masts.

Mast%201_zpspcrac8rw.jpg

I'm trying to fill the ship from the centre on out, before I start on the main armament.

Thank you for following.

Jim

Looks like I missed a couple updates....all caught up now!! :) Outstanding work on those search lights, no east task there!! As for the mini-guns....yeah, all I got is WOW on that!! :eek: Keep things going over there!! ;D

Thank you Todd.

The AA guns, once one gets the technique down, they really aren't that difficult.

Jim

Tonight's update.

The first of her 3 masts is done, constructed and installed. This is the tallest, the Mizzen Mast. It consists of 2 sections, a straight lower section and a tapered upper.
Had to use 2 dia.s of wire to use as formers for the top section, in order to get the proper taper. This took quite a while to do, and there is just the paper tubes, no internal support.

Mast%202_zpsujhaqz8g.jpg

Mast%203_zps2mth9lyp.jpg

Mast%204_zpsjyidwmig.jpg

Used a machine square to true up the mast to the building board, which is square to the ship.
At least the next 2 are shorter.

Thank you for following.

Jim

Latest posts

Back