BF109- Help !!

Re: BF109- Complete

Thanks Chris & Jmac, good advice, worked out ok need some more practice to get the thickness correct.

Anyways I'm calling this one done, thanks to all of you posted advice. Tried a few new techniques on this one and learnt a few things along the way.

Here she is, warts and all ;)

2012-06-17122053.jpg
2012-06-17122031.jpg
2012-06-17122001.jpg
2012-06-17121939.jpg

Time to move on to the next one, Tamiyas P51D

Yip ! She turned out great in the end :) nice work . Bring on the P51 D ;D

Chris.

Thanks Aaron , thought this thread was dead..... ;D but a few 109's kickin about at the moment.

Not sure what JG 26 is though.. please enlighten me

JG 26 (JG = Jagdgeschwader, which is german for Fighter Squadron) was a famous German squadron which flew from air bases in France and Belgium during WWII. There was a short time when some of its groups were in Sicily, and even a group transfer to the Eastern Front for a while. The most famous JG 26 pilot was Adolf Galland. Before the end of the war, Galland was removed from flying duty with JG 26, and promoted to General Der Jagdflieger (General of Fighters).

JG 26 happens to be my favorite german unit from WWII. They were famous for painting their cowls and tails yellow, and known as the "Abbeville Boys" to the Allies. For a major part of their Western Front assignment they were based at (among others) Abbeville, France.

The gothic "S" in the shield is the unit emblem. They named the squadron after a pilot with the name of Schlageter, and represented his name with the gothic S. There were two styles they flew with, but the one you used on your Bf-109 was the most common and the later style.

Aaron

Latest posts

Back