BF109 F-2 (1/48)

The bird looks superb!
I've heard only good things about ICM so far, well, except your decals... But for the money... I heard their P-51 is great too.

Cheers!

Chris ....Cheers mate ;) Thanks for looking in .

Flipflop ...yeah ,Im kind of sold on them ,for the price they turn out great ,and as I say I probably just got a bad sheet of decals ,next time I'll spray a coat of clear on them just in case ;)

Chris.

Yesterday when i replied to your topic i read some reviews and builds on their Spit and 109 and i've seen few people making complaints about decals, but it was like 2 out of 10 reviews, it is subjective ratio, but there are others who had that problem. Anyway, it seems that they have very nice kits, not just for the money, but nice in general. I am contemplating on buying 109 and Spit next week. They are like 15-16e here, comparing with Tamiyas 30e - it's well worth it.

Cheers!

Especially as there are some nice touches ..like engine included etc ... I'll be honest ,I did mention somewhere ,there is a bit of flash to clean off parts ,but get past that and they are well worth every penny . Im going to get the Spit myself too ,some of the kits come complete with a ground crew but I dont know what the figures are like I havent seen them .

Chris.

Great come-back from the decal debacle. New ones look sweet on that great camo coat you dressed her with.
Good luck with the finish. All the best. Bill

Hey Bill ,thanks fella :)

Luigi my friend :) ,nice of you to drop in ,and thankyou for the comments ;)

Chris.

Looking good Chris.

I have heard nothing but good about ICM kits from people who have actually built them. The Mustangs seem to be based on the Tamiya molds. Not sure about the others. The figures are supposed to be really nice too.

All that said, don't forget about those new Airfix 109's. They are sweet! 8)

Thanks Anthony& Jim .

Dont worry I havent forgot about the Airfix 109's ;)

Just a little update , I got the prop & spinner painted up ,not fixed on yet ,just there for the pic. Also painted in the black wing root .

DSCF4966.jpg

DSCF4967.jpg

I then used a strip of Tamiya tape across the chord of the wings to act as a guide while I painted in the broken red walk lines ,and while the red was out I touched in the trim tabs too ....

DSCF4968.jpg

I reckon the next update will finish this one .All thats left is to add the exhaust covers,make up some support bars for the cowlings ,then give it a matt coat before adding the canopy and doing some light weathering :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Wow that looks really cool with the hood popped open. Just great showing off that engine work....really puts your efforts on display.

Thanks guys ,I'd like to finish up in the next day or so ,but Im trying to get ready for a show this weekend too !

Chris.

Hi folks,

Well ....Im calling time on the 109 :) Im heading off to Dublin in the morning ,but thought I'd get the final shots up before I go ,I wont be about untill Monday again ...two day party ...I mean Show :)

So without further ado ...Pics .

DSCF4974.jpg

DSCF4975.jpg

DSCF4977.jpg

DSCF4978.jpg

DSCF4979.jpg

DSCF4981.jpg

DSCF4983.jpg

DSCF4982.jpg

DSCF4980.jpg

Thanks to all that followed this one ,and for all the great comments along the way .I can honestly say for a kit that cost less than £10 ...Im impressed and will certainly be building a few more :)

DSCF4976.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Outstanding showing on this 109 Mr. S!! Well done!!! Have fun at the part....show!!! ;D

Latest posts

Back