BF109 F-2 (1/48)

Can you keep a secret ..... I have never made it either. I do like corned beef tho ;D

Thanks Anthony.

Chris.

Well chaps ....This is a tremendous little kit !! I cant put it down ,Honestly the best nine quid I've ever spent on a kit . ;D

Construction of this one starts with the engine & cockpit then the aircraft is built around them . It is crucial tho that the whole front end lines up correctly otherwise the engine panels wont fit ,so I spent some time building the cockpit ,engine bearers & machine guns (with ammo bins ! ) Then dry fitted everything in the fuselage .

The cockpit assembled with the firewall and engine bearers ,you can see the machine guns & bins in there to ....

DSCF4839.jpg

I've left the instument panel off untill its painted because the whole cockpit is RLM 02 ,but the IP is RLM 66 .

DSCF4840.jpg

The engine is then mounted into the bearers ( dry fitted )

DSCF4841.jpg

I then put the two halves of the nose together and got everything ready for a dry fit so I could line everything up in one go .

DSCF4842.jpg

It all went together a breeze ...no line up issues at all ,which is good because there is five panels to get seated right on the front end !

DSCF4837.jpg

DSCF4836.jpg

DSCF4838.jpg

DSCF4835.jpg

DSCF4834.jpg

I checked the fit of the two engine panels ....again perfect fit ,they wouldnt sit in place for the pics tho' ......

DSCF4833.jpg

This will get taken apart and some more details added ,I think its worth doing on this one ,I also think I will be doing a few more of these ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

that's amazing for a nine quid kit . I've just read the build of the Airfix club version. In Airfix model world this one looks a lot better because the Airfix one has the engine Moulded in to the Fuselage half's. Don't get me wrong i have no problems with Airfix. I just pointing something out I love the great progress and sall be watching with batted breath.

DB88 out

You are a machine Mr. S!! I really enjoy watching you building these thing with wings!!! What a staggering pace too!!! Thanks for posting!!! and keep it coming!! ;D

Coming along nicely. You should definitely add some more detail and leave it open, because it looks really good even bare like that.

I didn't know that turbos were so large on airplane engines... I mean they have to be (34l on Bf-109 if i am right), but i never thought about it. That engine is bigger than my little Renault! ;D

Thanks fella's

Just a quick update before I clean up and get ready to throw some paint on the cockpit & engine. :)

One side of the cockpit walls needed some detailing most notably the fuel gauge ,thats the yellow pipe ,you can see it looks like there is a bit missing ,but actually there is a bit of clear sprue in there ,that is the pilots bubble to show how much fuel is in the tank .

DSCF4845.jpg

And with the cockpit in place .....

DSCF4843.jpg

I also added some plumbing to the engine ,and made the brackets for the two tanks mounted either side , A couple of spare etch parts made up the lifting eyes for the engine too . There is a little gap at the gear housing but Im not to worried about that as the cowling covers it ,I will however slip a drop of glue into it before paint .There is a few more wires to add round the engine ,but I cant do them untill the engine is fixed in place.

DSCF4844.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some paint on these parts ;D

Thanks for looking

Chris.

we need to add a "like" button Scott

Nice extra detailing, should look pretty sharp when painted up. I never knew those ICM kits were so nice either.

Nice work on the engine & cockpit. I have ICM's Spitfire Mk9 in the stash, hoping to get to her sometime this year.

Thanks guys :)

Vance ...I want the Spit myself now ;D

I was hoping to get to the spraybooth today ,but time was against me ....Oh well Tomorrow :)

So ,I thought I would check out the wings instead ,I was keen to see what the fit was going to be like on this one ,the fit at the root is always a worry when building Aircraft .....But check this out ...

DSCF4846.jpg

I'd say that is pretty perfect !!

The front corner is good too ,the only reason the gap is there is because its not glued down ,but again ,the fit is good ...

DSCF4847.jpg

I think I will do a little improving in the wheel wells tho ,not much but as they wont be seen once she's fixed to a base ,check out the detail on the underside of the wing too ....

DSCF4850.jpg

Another nice touch on the wings is the seperate leading edge slats & the flaps ,I will position the slats open and the flaps down ,they are usually seen down on Messers on the ground anyway ,they dropped down as pressure dropped in the hydraulic system .

DSCF4849.jpg

DSCF4848.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

thats a Tidy fit there Chris. well worth the few £ it cost

Thanks guys ,

Still didnt get to the spraybooth today :mad: ,but I'll continue with the wings ,there is a lot of stuff to fit to them which can be done before they get joined to the fuselage .

Ooooh ...just noticed I've got an award :eek: ....cool ;D

Chris.

Hi folks :)

I promised paint .....and paint we have ;D

I got a bit busy with all the interior parts & engine ,everything is in paint now and ready to assemble .

Cockpit & Dash ,there were no Instrument decals included ...but at the price ..I wont worry , I painted in some details so there is something to be seen on the dash ....

DSCF4851.jpg

Engine ....still a bit to do at this ,but it can now be mounted and finished later .

DSCF4852.jpg

DSCF4854.jpg

DSCF4853.jpg

So ,Im gonna get this little lot put together and the wings mounted

DSCF4855.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looks awesome Chris!

I've got the Airfix and Tamiya Emils that I plan on building side by side this summer for kicks and giggles...so this one is getting me a bit excited for that!

Thanks guys ,

I've got her all closed up now and the wings on :) ...so it will sit overnight to dry .

Jeeves ,the new Airfix might suprise you ,if you havent built one yet .They are quite nice kits ;) I'll look forward to that tho' sounds like fun .

Chris.

Yeah...I've seen some of the reviews and looking it over it should be a treat. I'll have to scratch a bit here and there as you've done but nothing too major I suppose...

Latest posts

Back