Bad News ,Good News

Q, is right the board maybe fried... since your using AMD, I may suggest you will need to install a CPU cooler.

You can always pull the CPU and try to see if it will post. But only do this if you know what you are doing. Removing the cooling fan isn't for the inexperienced. Also, if you do pull it, make sure you know how to put it back on. You can't just stick it back on and have it work right.

It has to be cleaned and new thermal grease applied. At this point, it might be better to just take it to the computer store and see if they can tell you what is wrong.

computer update ..lol

I took the cpu to a shop but they wanted over half what a new replacement cpu would cost me to test it.

after determining exactly what MB and Cpu I have, and the age, it's kind of an odd pairing...after dwelling on it I decided I am better off in the end just getting a newer and much more upgradable mb/cpu bundle, that still handles my RAM type and 64 bit technology.

I was able to get a really nice higher end bundle on sale at Tiger Direct, so I will have a new up, to date,and smoking performance comp by next week for less than $200 shipped.without any other upgrades needed.

I sucked all my files onto a hard drive so I can start a fresh install, luckily I got an OS disc with my computer.
(that seems to be rare these days).

to replace the old board and old cpu exactly< was near the same cost as the new much more modern bundle.
I can test the old cpu my self this way as well, and have a backup or craiglist the board or cpu (whatever works) for a few bucks hopefully.

should be back up by next week..yay !

Thats Good News, RS... sometimes its much better to buy a new one rather than repairing an outdated one, but the comp guys should not ask to much $$ just for checking your PC.

Back up and running smooth,I had a bad RAM stick, and a few other hick-ups to fix from the random crashes

My custom decals and paint-masks service is back up as well.

Thanks for all the help guys , it got me going in the right direction.

Andy

Latest posts

Back