Bad Grendels: The Dinorama...

Thanks everyone! I still have a lot of work to do on those leg seams, but they are getting there. Almost as good as the tiny little armies!

I should be able to add some primer this weekend and start painting up the mouth.

Klaus said:
Nice update!
Were you able to fix the small claw? I can't quite see from the images.
Cheers
Klaus

Opps! Sorry I didn't post that, here are the photos:

Before:
DSC00103.jpg

After:

DSC00104.jpg

noc5659 said:
What are u using for texture. Can't even tell there was an seam

Thanks all!

For the seams, I am using Aves apoxie sculpt. It is a two part modeling clay. When cured it is harder than plastic. You take equal parts, mix them together and then let it sit for a bit.

This allows it to set up a bit before you work it. At first it is too soft for this kind of work.

Once it has set up a bit, then I start to work with texture stamps I made using a product called oyumaru

It is a silicon mold compound that sets with heat. Heat it up in boiling water and it gets really soft. At room temp, it is hard. Works great for this sort of thing.

My next few videos will outline what it is I am doing.

That's a great idea! Sounds like you'll get a perfect match to the Dio skin that was created so well.

Brilliant G,.....this will look brilliant,....I love the pose & the seams are disappearing

......are you still going to extend the base?

J

Jaitea said:
Brilliant G,.....this will look brilliant,....I love the pose & the seams are disappearing

......are you still going to extend the base?

J

Oh yes I am....This T-rex has a pissed off stance to him, I gotta give him something to be pissed off about....

noc5659 said:
Cool sounds like whatbundid with the Godzilla build a fe years ago

It is close, I tried this with King Gidorah, and it didn't work then. So I am taking this as just more experience with Aves since that time.

Eastrock said:
Chicken Feet? lol slowly but surely John :D

Kinda looks that way....

Here is the next video update. The videos are a bit behind the photos at the moment, but they will catch up pretty fast....

https://youtu.be/Con45BnDdkA

Well John that's some nice progress. Also man do you have a big and interesting stash :)

Biskup said:
Well John that's some nice progress. Also man do you have a big and interesting stash :)

Thanks Lukasz!

cargoman5126 said:
Nice work on your toes!!LOL... very nice...

Thanks! I spent a couple of hours trying to get that toe to align right....

Well done so far John!! The Dino is looking great!! As for the stash... ::) As long as you have a good exit strategy in case of an emergency you're all set!! :eek:

TRM said:
Well done so far John!! The Dino is looking great!! As for the stash... ::) As long as you have a good exit strategy in case of an emergency you're all set!! :eek:

If there is a fire, Women and children first, then the cats. After that the stash..... But I would be sorely tempted to get that FM falcon out.....

Thanks Erik!

Here is a bit of progress on the tail:

IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_2301.JPG
IMG_2302.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG
IMG_2304.jpg
IMG_2305.JPG
IMG_2306.JPG
IMG_2308.JPG

And Lunch got some color to her:

IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2316.JPG
IMG_2317.jpgIMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2320.jpg

And this is under more normal lighting. Funny thing, the stripes are more predominate here:

IMG_2323.jpgIMG_2324.jpg
IMG_2325.JPG

The big boy got some primer and as predicted, the seams are good, but need to be touched up a bit here and there. Photos on that later.

I end this post with some major cute. Warning your eyes will not recover soon:

IMG_2293.JPG

Great work on restoring the scales and the colors look great!!!

Cheers!!!

The paint is looking good! I'm always amazed by how different lighting can effect the the colors on our kits, and the difficulty we have in capturing the way we see them in our pictures.

Latest posts

Back