Bad Grendels: The Dinorama...

Na,....I don't think you need to,....the way you've done the filler looks positive,.....just beep on going the way you're going

J

hmmm... I wonder if you could uses Aves just like you said, but instead of the time consuming task of little balls, maybe a dental pick and carve them in?

Wow, that looks tough - the texture of the skin is so awesome, it is really a challenge to fix any gaps.
But that's really a nice dino :D
Now I have to add lots of teeth to mine to be halfway on par ;)
Cheers
klaus

If it were me id check out what Klaus is doing with his sculpt. A thickish layer of aves and fashion a couple of 'stamps' to produce the texture. Even the end of a pen filed sharp to reduce wall thickness might work. Wet the stamp tool, Press into the soft aves, etc...

Stamp idea sounds good to me as well, John.
I know you'll come up with something that works, though. I saw what you pulled off with Godzilla

After King Gidorah and Godzilla this one should not be a challenge. For those that were not around a few years ago, here are a couple of photos of what I had to work with back then:

20110630_88.JPG
20110411_48.jpg
20110411_44.JPG

The below photo was done with the method Jaitea proposed:

20110515_3.JPG

I was around a few years back, seen the build Godzilla vs King Gidorah and its awesome!!!

but the last pic seems like something lol

John, the blending looks fantastic, keep it up, after some primer and paint no one will be none the wiser! Man, what a cool kit, love the fact that this was originally a garage kit that was sold to Pegasus, the creator of the masters for this sure is talented, do you know if the guy that created this kit has other kits for sale or if he's even still producing garage kits?

He sold them two of the three dino kits that they make. This one and the Triceratops The third kit came from the same man that designed the Mercury 9, he designed the Spinosaurus. To be honest, I couldn't tell that the three kits came from different designers.

I have no idea if he is still selling kits nor what his name was.

I should start posting the interview with Pegasus hobbies to my YouTube channel in the next few days.

Thanks!

Here is a short update:

He has legs!

IMG_2270.JPG

And the seam work on the tiny little arms:

IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2272.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG

Wicked nice joints John. The seams blend right in, well done.

Jason

Latest posts

Back