B-17 (Revell/Monogram 1:48)

Is it done yet ;D ;D ;D ..only kiddin mate ,I know your busy ;)

Chris.

Really nice Jason! I agree with you, some of the Revellogram aircraft kits are very good and the price is right. Looking forward to your next update.

The best thing about this kit is the wing attachement ! I never glued mine just slide them on the fit is perfect!!
its so usefull and probably saved her life in the last 2 moves!!

Thanks for the interest (and the nudges to get going again ;D ).

I think I'm finally closing in on finishing the interior painting. I've been picking away at it when ever I've had a little time. I think just a few more details to add some interest, a selective wash and a little wear via a dry brush and I'm done. I hope to close the fuselage on Monday. Now that I think about it - parts wise I have to add the clear windows, and MGs - they might slow things down a bit...maybe I'll get things closed up next week end.

Neo said:
The best thing about this kit is the wing attachement ! I never glued mine just slide them on the fit is perfect!!
its so usefull and probably saved her life in the last 2 moves!!

I totally agree. It is a nice wing connection on the kit. But I'm not sure if I'll glue the wings or not as yet. One of my wings has a very slight warp to it so it doesn't match the wing roots exactly. We'll see how bad it is after I've buttoned the fuselage.

Moving along slowly,
Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

That is just grand.
This is going to be so cool, when you get this done.
They don't show up at many shows. Once in awhile
you might see one. At least my expirence. You think
because of the size?

Peppylepugh said:
That is just grand.
This is going to be so cool, when you get this done.
They don't show up at many shows. Once in awhile
you might see one. At least my expirence. You think
because of the size?

Not sure Peppylepugh, sounds reasonable though. I've only ever been to one show, and the aircraft section was dominated by 1:48 single engine props.

Well started cleaning up the MGs today, what a job - flash and mis-matches everywhere. Heres where I'm at so far.

Jason

Terrific job on the interior. Really nice detailing. I love those old Monogram kits....lots of details,
extra bits, and figures. Todays manufacturers should take note. Good luck finishing her. Bill

Wow thats one big model ! :eek:

having the revell's recent offering in 1/72 still waiting in its box i should really work up the courage to tackle it lol

looking forward to seeing more

Big thank-you to you guys; Q, Bill, and Longlance67. ;D

longlance67 said:
Wow thats one big model !

Yep. About 26" wing tip to wing tip. I have no idea where I'm going to store it. ::)

I'm not totally all about the 335 right now. ;D I have been working on the B-17 and a smattering of other builds on my bench. The MG's are done and the internal details all painted. I glued the fuselage closed tonight. The main wings are still not glued in - I'm still trying to decide if I'll glue them or not - truthfully I keep changing my mind on that one...

Here's proof that progress was made. 8)

Jason

Dude!!!!! That instrument panel looks so detailed! How on earth did you get that done! Do you have any eyesight left?

adampolo13 said:
Dude!!!!! That instrument panel looks so detailed! How on earth did you get that done! Do you have any eyesight left?

Small brushes, and big patience. ;D Thanks for the compliments guys. :)
Actually I'm really enjoying painting the interiors. Takes me forever, but it's turning out to be one of my most enjoyable and relaxing portions of a build.

Filling seams and sanding that's another story.

Man that is such a cool job you are doin on her interior, its class J. :eek: Ive two of these in 1/72 and i will be bk marking this link as a ref when i come to paint the interior, i love the detailn i wont need to be as precise but the shading ref's will help so much, glad i found this thread i can tell ya bro, cheers n enjoy the build. Any tips as to technique would be much appreciated also ;D
Martay

Thanks for the kind comments Ravhin and Martay. :)

I'm working on more than one build right now and they all pretty much are at the seam filling and sanding stage, this one included. More updates when something interesting has happened.

Impressive details! looking forward to the next update! Thanks for sharing, I plan on building this plane in the future, as it's one of my favorite aircraft.

-Steven

Gee look what happens when I'm not around! ;D

Awesome stuff Jason! Yep they are big but still one of my favorite kits.

Wow this has sat since Sept 2012, can't guarantee speedy completion - but I've recently gotten back to the B-17.

When we last saw our intrepid heavy, her fuselage had just been closed and the wings test fit. As of this week she has legs. I've begun the arduous seam filling and sanding. Then I'll have to fix a number of raised panel lines. One thing I'm not happy about with this build is that the tail is warped, and leans to one side. I've tried to fix it, it's better than it was originally but still not vertical. Some more of the detail painting is also in process.

@ kiwi gav, ShutterAce and Wig Wag - I know I'm a late in responding; but thanks guys.

I'm going to try and keep this moving best I can.

1040692_10201953795503929_622603365_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Jason

Latest posts

Back