Armored Core - SUNSHINE-L

urumomo

A friend of mine gave me this - He didn't have interest in it , evidently .
I figured of all the kits in the stash that will never get built , being a gift , this shouldn't be one of them .
Let's see what happens with it . I'm in the mood for some weathering .

I9GLPJo.jpg
fr18rln.jpgUsHpL0n.jpg

Look at all the plastic ,

nvZwZvy.jpg

HuVwQLE.jpg

Last edited:
It appears you need to be very careful building this considering the warning in 4 different languages on the box. :D Look forward to seeing it finished.

It appears you need to be very careful building this considering the warning in 4 different languages on the box. :D Look forward to seeing it finished.
I wondered, too, about "Core". Do they mean, "corps", as in a body of troops or military unit? Or, do they mean that the mecha is integral to a larger weapon, which is built around this one? Or is it like classic instructions in kits from Japan or China, back in the day, that sometimes left us scratching our heads.

LOL - I'm not a gamer .
To me it seemed like Mech Warrior but you can fly around faster or something .
The game play I've come across on YT is less than inspiring

Right out of the gate .
First step in the build .

Notice anything wrong with the piece on the right ? :D

ponNRzr.jpg

That broken off chunk wasn't in the plastic wrap , so it was gone before it was bagged .

Well ,
at least it's hidden for the most part once complete ..

Oh , wait

Qb5gFM1.jpg

guess I gotta scratch it out
One day I'll build a kit that just goes together .
One day .

Maybe :D

Hopefully no more surprises ,

1 mm and 1/2 mm styrene , plus 1/10 mm clear sheet for that tiny , raised panel on the interior side -- finished with Tamiya lacquer putty . Then some knife and chisel work for the exterior details :

Roughed -in
Then pushed up against the good one to sand it to the identical profile ,

5a5r8PV.jpgM990xdo.jpgjkrVmjk.jpgDESbYSW.jpg

Maybe :D

Hopefully no more surprises ,

1 mm and 1/2 mm styrene , plus 1/10 mm clear sheet for that tiny , raised panel on the interior side -- finished with Tamiya lacquer putty . Then some knife and chisel work for the exterior details :

Roughed -in
Then pushed up against the good one to sand it to the identical profile ,

View attachment 87579View attachment 87580View attachment 87581View attachment 87582
Excellent recovery.

I’d been making spruce glue out of it already.
Very interesting project.

A friend of mine gave me this - He didn't have interest in it , evidently .
I figured of all the kits in the stash that will never get built , being a gift , this shouldn't be one of them .
Let's see what happens with it . I'm in the mood for some weathering .

I9GLPJo.jpg
View attachment 87394View attachment 87395

Look at all the plastic ,

nvZwZvy.jpg

HuVwQLE.jpg
I wanna get an Armored Core mech kit. I LOVE the games.

The guy who designs the mecha for these games is the guy who created and still oversees and designs Macross. He also designed the original Optimus Prime toy.

I was not familiar with this universe at all .
This mech seems to have a different aesthetic than the others - judging from Google Images .
More rectilinear in form .

View attachment 87611View attachment 87612View attachment 87613
Basically, its like the old late 80s/early 90s film Robot Jox. People pilot these robots in arena combat, though they are also used by the military. The games mostly focus on the arena stuff, with occasional military missions.

This fits with the designs in macross evolving. Shoji Kowamori started designing the Veritechs based off real aircraft(mainly F-14s), then realistically designed them to turn into robots. Over the years as the shows have continued he has made them more and more implausible and the overall design style gets quasi organic looking now. Though the aircraft modes still look more or less plausible.

This may be a mecha from the earlier games considering it looks a bit more grounded than the photos you posted.

Nothing beats his designs for the original Macross though.

Latest posts

Back