Anyone have any ideas to help me with this ????

carlover19

Missing the days of cheap rattle cans =P
I really want to make a car trailer for 1/25 scale but I can't find anything anyone have any ideas ???

There are kits available...on eBay. You could scratch build one also. Have a look on eBay in the car section of scale models to get an idea of what's out there.

Ok thx Scott I looked now I know what they tend to look like so I'm gonna try to scratch build one after I'm done. My coronet =P wish me luck

I'm liking that tandem trailer but it seems a little pricy I'm gonna look around (plus I don't have anything to pull it I don't have a truck kit). Thx thought

$40 bucks seams pretty reasonable for the trailers. They look like nice trailers. :)

Ya I'm just used to paying $10 per model kit so buying one of those plus shipping would be like 5 model kits XD I know a place where there real cheap

carlover19 said:
Ya I'm just used to paying $10 per model kit so buying one of those plus shipping would be like 5 model kits XD I know a place where there real cheap

Time to get into the new millennium, the days of $10 kits are long gone unless you luck out and find a stash they are "giving away".

Well elm city I still get all my kits for $5 $10 $15 $20 usually $5-$15 I found a nice hobby store that's filled floor to selling with models that didn't sell in other hobby stores but are still brand new are are quite nice kits

carlover19 said:
Well elm city I still get all my kits for $5 $10 $15 $20 usually $5-$15 I found a nice hobby store that's filled floor to selling with models that didn't sell in other hobby stores but are still brand new are are quite nice kits

Wings & Wheels? Been there, nice place, lots of used kits for decent prices, lots of them still "like" new, but other than a few brands like Airfix, the prices of new kits just aren't in that range anymore unfortunately. I am sure the "new" kit prices in his shop probably reflect that as well.

That being said....absolutely nothing wrong with a good used kit that is unmolested, I sell quite a few here as well.

There's a shop just down the street from Wheels and Wings called John's Hobbies. It's mostly a model train shop… but they have a wide selection of other models as well. Most of the car and truck kits they stock are in the $10–$20 range. Plus they have a sweet selection of Ma.K kits.

You wanna talk pricey… I did not realise how expensive model trains were. I was looking at a C-62 and a BR-50 both in HO scale… FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS EACH.

Anyway, back on topic, you should scratch build it. Get a few kits that have interesting bits and bobs and scratch the rest.

unttld said:
There's a shop just down the street from Wheels and Wings called John's Hobbies. It's mostly a model train shop… but they have a wide selection of other models as well. Most of the car and truck kits they stock are in the $10–$20 range. Plus they have a sweet selection of Ma.K kits.

You wanna talk pricey… I did not realise how expensive model trains were. I was looking at a C-62 and a BR-50 both in HO scale… FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS EACH.

Anyway, back on topic, you should scratch build it. Get a few kits that have interesting bits and bobs and scratch the rest.

No kidding, I look at prices on HO and N trains all the time, and while the lower end Bachmann and Atlas stuff isn't so bad, the newer DCC stuff is crazy. N scale is even crazier. You would think it would be cheaper since it is smaller and less material. OK...a locomotive maybe more a bit because all the electronics need to be smaller and more miniaturized, but the rolling stock for the most part is just plastic save for the weights, wheels and trucks, half the plastic of an HO scale rolling stock, yet the prices are the same, or maybe a bit more for the smaller N scale. And don't get me started on track!

We think that some of the plastic kit manufacturers are charging high prices and gouging the customer a bit...nothing like they do in the model trains!

Elm City Hobbies said:
unttld said:

No kidding, I look at prices on HO and N trains all the time, and while the lower end Bachmann and Atlas stuff isn't so bad, the newer DCC stuff is crazy. N scale is even crazier. You would think it would be cheaper since it is smaller and less material. OK...a locomotive maybe more a bit because all the electronics need to be smaller and more miniaturized, but the rolling stock for the most part is just plastic save for the weights, wheels and trucks, half the plastic of an HO scale rolling stock, yet the prices are the same, or maybe a bit more for the smaller N scale. And don't get me started on track!

We think that some of the plastic kit manufacturers are charging high prices and gouging the customer a bit...nothing like they do in the model trains!

I Just discovered Fulgurex. I thought $200–$500 was expensive, but their stuff is $2000+. Looks like I won't be a model train guy until I'm well retired. Sheesh.

Latest posts

Back