Antenna wire

FW190A-8

Hey Herd,
I just read hilld's FW190 thread and I was wondering if you guys who build Aircraft models have discovered the joy of EZline?
This product is simply awesome. It's easy to put on and bends to some amazing rate (700% apparently) so you don't have to worry about breaking posts off planes ever again if you accidentally bump the antenna. Although it is flexible, it looks like it is tight all the time. It's great.

If you use this stuff already then you know what I am talking about. If you have not used it then grab a sample pack (which is a 6 foot long sample) and give it a go. You won't be sorry. If you want a life time supply then he also sells it on a 100 foot roll.
If this topic has been covered before, I apologize.

Anyhow, check it out at this address. And no, I am not on a commission unfortunately. I just wanted to let you guys know about it.

http://www.bobeshobbyhouse.com/ezl.html

cheers,
FW190

I am really curious as to what material this is made out of. Thanks you for the info I've never heard of it.

Thanks for the tip !
I will have to try EZline out, the main problem I had with sprue is gluing it, I't wants to soften/dissolve as soon as the glue hits it, than sags or just ends up too short.

or I'm using the wrong glue ?

Not sure what it is made from ScarredKustoms. Can't help with that one.
But whatever it is made from, it works and looks fantastic. I bought a few sample packs of the .003" Charcoal colored stuff some time ago and still have lots left. It is perfect for 1/48 and 1/32 warbirds and maybe even 1/24 as well. I have not tried the .006" stuff as I think it may be too thick for the planes I build.
cheers,
FW190

just ordered a couple samples.. considering the time I spent with that sprue,, it's worth it

I just picked up the life time supply of it, and im gonna use it on my next plane, how easy is it to use, do you have to do anything in special to it or just put it on like you would with fishing line which is what i have been using.

Phil

Hi Phil,
It is dead simple. And it comes with instructions (1 simple page with pics)

1 .You just glue it with a drop medium CA (super glue) at the tail end first
2. Then you pull it past (or through) the antenna mast on the fuselage
3. Place a drop of super glue there as well.
4. Cut off the excess.
Voila!
The instruction sheet will show you exactly.
cheers,
FW190

ps. Wish I could grab the life time supply but he does not send the rolls to Australia...just the sample packs. Never mind, 1 sample pack does many planes. Unless of course you make WWI planes which require rigging. :eek:

pps. Hold the phone... I just got an email reply from Mike and he tells me that he will post me a roll to Aus. Brilliant! 1 or 2 lifetime supplies coming my way. ;D ;D

I've seen this before many years ago, but I can't off hand remember the name.Go to a sewing shop and see if the have spandex thread or some sort of flex/stretchy thread. It will probably be a lot cheaper.
Hope this helps

Hi DXM,
Never heard of that stuff. I will go and check it out though. I am always interested in finding stuff I can use for modeling. Although...at $12.50 for 100 feet, EZ line will be hard to beat.
But I am still going to check that stuff out that you mentioned. Thanks for the tip.
cheers,
FW190

My sample packs arrived today. I need to find a plane that shows off antenna wire for the contest! Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back