Another tragedy: 27 killed in Conn school

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother in-law works at that school......its sad that twisted people feel the need to do things like this

Just heard about this, watched Obama in video....unreal.

He's right about this IMO...something has to be done, but that something certainly won't be easy.

ive said it before and ill say it again, Guns should not be freely had. its bloody ridiculous, say what you want about your right to have guns but i think all weapons should be removed from the public,

if you want to own a gun then it should be at a gun club where it should be kept under lock and key.

getting madder the more i type...

spud said:
ive said it before and ill say it again, Guns should not be freely had. its bloody ridiculous, say what you want about your right to have guns but i think all weapons should be removed from the public,

if you want to own a gun then it should be at a gun club where it should be kept under lock and key.

getting madder the more i type...

Maybe in your country it's OK for the Govt to take away all guns from the public.
But in this country, it is our right guaranteed by the Constitution, the right to bear arms.

It's real easy to sit back and point a finger at everyone else and plame everyone else for what ever happens.
The out comes, what I like to call, the Power Hungy wannabes and start demanding to take away this and that.
They get up on their soap boxes and try to dictate what I can and cannot do, what I can and cannot have, what I can and cannot possess.
To that I say BULLSHIT!

OK lets say you win, and you take away all guns from the public.
Next week, some hoodlum goes after this little old lady and clubs her to death wish a baseball bat.
So now what? We're going to ban the possession of Baseball bats to the public?
Where does it stop?
When do start to take responsibility for our own actions?

Sorry but taking away guns from the public is NOT the answer.

We don't have guns in Ireland and this stuff doesn't happen. any time it does it seems to happen where guns can be got freely. if you had no guns in the first place im betting it would be much Safer.

but i do realize that a Lot of you guys have guns and i cant see them being taken away to easy if at all.

They never will take away guns from the general law abiding public.....evil exists everywhere. I know that with the lack of Guns, some resort to Bludgeoning, Bombing, Poison, Chemical Weapons and the like...

Treating the core issue of the state that mental health treatment and the stigma that surrounds it would quell alot of issues. Also, the general notion that a person can get away with whatever they want and that the consequences are a bloated ego that once broken into a madness will only take down those around that individual. True that if guns were not freely available that he may have done something else, but mind you, this wasw planned. He killed his Mother first, then went to the school to exact some sort of revenge i'm guessing. Probably because he was coddled all the way through life, was spit out from the public school system and became the failure he always was and couldnt handle actually being told about it.

Need I remind you of the incident where 22 children were killed in a KNIFE attack in a school in China this week.

Guns seriously are not the causality, they just happen to be the tool chosen by most deviants to meet their ends. It's like I've heard it compared before, after 9/11, people werent holding a grudge on the airplanes or blaming the airlines, the anger was directed at the group that actually USED the tool.

It's a shame that kids were the victims, but the lack of firearms cannot and should not be an argument for gun control. I mean, we see how not having guns available to the public affected Norway when that psychopath shot up a whole island of kids.....

these acts are a cry for attention and to instill a feeling of infamy, if this kid was spanked as a kid and taught discipline and was self identified, he probably wouldn't have felt the need to drive from New Jersey all the way to Connecticut just to prove his maniacal point.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73692879/ The last little blurb of the article explains justly

Regardless of how one feels, my heart just simply aches. I shed tears over this. Do you know how many mornings go by that I sleep through my daughter getting on the bus in the morning to go to school ? Thank god I got up with her this morning and saw her off to school. Had I not and this happened at her school ???? I just cant imagine what those poor families are going through. To send there daughter or son off to school not knowing it would be the last time they saw her alive. God it just kills me. I broke down immediately after I heard of what happened.

A parent to loose a child. I've already lost a son five days after his birth . December 28th this year he would have been 18. This month is absolutely the most emotional month of the year for me. I try to make light of it because of the little one and my wife. Then this tragedy happened today.

Its ironic that Grendels did his video of Anger yesterday. I found it quite interesting in about eight different ways. Kind of Ironic. Then this tragedy happens today. It really makes a person sit back and think. Life's too short to waste on hate. When something makes you angry, you just have to walk away or as Grendels said bite your knuckle. Life will throw you many curve balls. People will always hate and have ignorance. One just has to walk away be the better person and walk away, soak it in, suck it up and continue on your way. This happening today in CT and Grendels video last night I'm telling you really got me thinking this afternoon into the evening.

So after thinking about what happened today and the vid by G last night, I've decided I'm going to dismiss all the hate, ignorance, or disrespect I've let bottle up in me the past week, month, year, and decade and continue on from here with a new theory. That doesn't mean Ill let people or anyone walk all over me, disrespect me etc but Ill handle it within a different method. Its amazing what a matter of two days can do to ones mind. Today really bit me hard. Oh well enough of my mumble jumble. Everyone please take a few moments to pray for the innocent children, people, families that were involved in the tragedy today. Prayer works wonders. Thanks and talk with you all soon.

TBadger said:
Treating the core issue of the state that mental health treatment and the stigma that surrounds it would quell alot of issues. Also, the general notion that a person can get away with whatever they want and that the consequences are a bloated ego that once broken into a madness will only take down those around that individual. True that if guns were not freely available that he may have done something else, but mind you, this wasw planned. He killed his Mother first, then went to the school to exact some sort of revenge i'm guessing. Probably because he was coddled all the way through life, was spit out from the public school system and became the failure he always was and couldnt handle actually being told about it.

It's a shame that kids were the victims, but the lack of firearms cannot and should not be an argument for gun control. I mean, we see how not having guns available to the public affected Norway when that psychopath shot up a whole island of kids.....

these acts are a cry for attention and to instill a feeling of infamy, if this kid was spanked as a kid and taught discipline and was self identified, he probably wouldn't have felt the need to drive from New Jersey all the way to Connecticut just to prove his maniacal point.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73692879/ The last little blurb of the article explains justly

T I totally agree with you. Thats what the problem is with todays youth. Not all but the majority of kids today have no discipline. They have little to know consequences (or not strong enough consequences) for any wrong doings. Back when I was a child growing up if I did wrong, broke any rules or did something I wasnt supposed too I got a A$$ whipping. I got the belt, potstick, hand, I got whooped. You try that type of discipline today and get reported they are crying abuse and your kids are taken from you.

Good lord today they send forms home from school that you can sign if you choose too that your child cant be paddled at school. When I went to school if I got paddled, when I got home you could rest assured I was getting it twice as hard. The times have changed and it is what it is. We just have to try to raise our kids as we feel deemed and move forward one day at a time. Lifes too short to begin with. Again my heart just simply aches with all that happened today. Sorry for ranting but this has really affected me emotionally today and am trying to express my emotions through words. Thanks for listening.

We don't have guns in Ireland and this stuff doesn't happen. any time it does it seems to happen where guns can be got freely. if you had no guns in the first place im betting it would be much Safer.

What??? Tell me you didn't just say that!

I seem to remember a small problem in Ireland called the IRA, what did they use? Slingshots and arrows?

Regardless....a firearm is an inanimate object, and completely harmless until it is in the hand of a lunatic.

As it was, they are going on about the weapons being legally owned, which I am sure the anti-gun people are just loving. Thing is, they were legally owned by the guy's mother, whom he stole the firearms from, and murdered her (allegedly) before starting out on this rampage.

Comes back to the old saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people, the guns were just the tool they used to do it with.

FBI just said last week that the most common weapon used in homicides......a baseball bat. Suppose we should ban those as well.

The only thing that is going to be accomplished by banning firearms, is to make the law abiding citizen even more of an easy picking for the criminal element, because then only the criminals will be armed, as they will always know how to get a gun, banned or not.

Elm City Hobbies said:

I seem to remember a small problem in Ireland called the IRA, what did they use? Slingshots and arrows?

Regardless....a firearm is an inanimate object, and completely harmless until it is in the hand of a lunatic.

As it was, they are going on about the weapons being legally owned, which I am sure the anti-gun people are just loving. Thing is, they were legally owned by the guy's mother, whom he stole the firearms from, and murdered her (allegedly) before starting out on this rampage.

Comes back to the old saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people, the guns were just the tool they used to do it with.

FBI just said last week that the most common weapon used in homicides......a baseball bat. Suppose we should ban those as well.

The only thing that is going to be accomplished by banning firearms, is to make the law abiding citizen even more of an easy picking for the criminal element, because then only the criminals will be armed, as they will always know how to get a gun, banned or not.

The North Of Ireland and Ireland are 2 different country's, the North is under UK Rule, Also the IRA mostly blew people up sad as it was, im no expert on that part of the country so you would have to get Chris's take on it.

I think its Crazy that you can buy guns, but that's normal for you people over the pond,

9000 + people killed in one year by guns alone..

Geez I'm glad that genie wasnt let out of the bottle in Australia. It's too late for the U.S. because only the honest people will return them

this is the one time i am happy i live in the uk...i no there are plenty of grounded people who own guns but there are more NUTTERS out there with a pocket full of bullets and really an assault rifle in a city like new york you've got to ask the question do you really need that ...i know im BRITISH but the worst things the strange people in the dark can use here is a kitchen knife

and breath

spud said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

The North Of Ireland and Ireland are 2 different country's, the North is under UK Rule, Also the IRA mostly blew people up sad as it was, im no expert on that part of the country so you would have to get Chris's take on it.

I think its Crazy that you can buy guns, but that's normal for you people over the pond,

Maybe so Spud, but the IRA were based out of Dublin, and they used more than bombs to cause terror, AK-47 was their weapon of choice (probably cheap and easy to get), so to think that they also weren't armed in Dublin and the rest of Ireland, then you are fooling yourself.

lol the IRA was based out of more than Dublin Scott. mostly in London there attacks were tough,

still tough lets not forget about all these family's here, it derives me mad that he took the easy way out because i would love to Torture the f***

spud said:
still tough lets not forget about all these family's here, it derives me mad that he took the easy way out because i would love to Torture the f***

Couldnt agree more Spud. I wish he was still alive and the courts gave him the death penalty by firing squad with each family that lost a love one in this tragedy standing there with a AK-47 allowing them to blow him full of holes. Still today my heart just aches for these families that lost children to this ignorance.

Yes, I will agree he got off too easily. Even if he was caught, Connecticut actually repealed their death penalty clause earlier this year, so had he been caught, he would have spent the rest of his life in prison, and/or a mental hospital on the tax payer's dime.

Not sure if there is a fitting punishment for people like this, but he definitely got off too easily!

Sadly, the Westboro Baptists are trying to protest the memorial services. Such trauma and the face of evil posing under the guise of wholesome Christian faith is trying to grandstand there....Hopefully the volunteers from the entire Northeast region succeed in their "human wall" effort to keep these monsters far enough away from the grieving families

TBadger said:
Sadly, the Westboro Baptists are trying to protest the memorial services. Such trauma and the face of evil posing under the guise of wholesome Christian faith is trying to grandstand there....Hopefully the volunteers from the entire Northeast region succeed in their "human wall" effort to keep these monsters far enough away from the grieving families

Westboro are a bunch of (Insert your choice of words here) yea (#*$*#@@. We sent them an official invitation letting them know we got word they were going to be attempting to protest a memorial/burial we were going to be in attendance of, needless to say they never showed. They are a joke and need taken care of as much as the killer in this tragedy.

I went to a private boarding school in the North East. When I graduated the W.B.C came to protest our graduation. Earlier in the year the school had put on a play about homosexuality etc. Long story short, their bark is way worse than their bit. Very few people showed up and those that did were kept pretty far away from the services. I'm hoping that the same will be true for the upcoming services.

TBadger, sorry to hear that your mother-in-law is so close to the tragedy. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Now, on to the matter of Firearms. It is my believe that it is my God given right to defend myself and my family. Furthermore, I feel it is my duty as a human being to stand up for those who are unable to stand up for themselves. For me, the easiest tool to use for self-defense is a firearm. It just so happens to be that criminals also prefer to use firearms for evil means. I will admit that guns are DEADLY weapons designed to do one thing. But ultimately it is the individual that makes the difference. We see it every day, a gun in the hand of a trained individual with the right mindset can make a difference. I.E. Police. I have the same, if not better, weapons training than your average police officer (SWAT not included), I feel confident in my abilities to handle a situation. Now, put that same deadly weapon in the hands of an individual with bad intentions. GAME OVER! So, what should we do???

My answer, like TBadger, is focus on the individuals with mental health issues. I also think that MORE people with License To Carry would help! Crime is committed in far smaller numbers in places where people will defend themselves. Why would I want to abdicate my ability to defend myself to a 3rd party who has no vested interest in me other than a paycheck??? No to say that Police Officers don't have a real sense of duty, I know a ton of cops and they all do a great job. But at the end of the day, there is no greater motivator than self preservation.

My next point. The 2nd amendment. I was a history major in school and spent a LOT of time studying the constitution. 1st point I have to make, the U.S.A is NOT a Democracy. It is a Republic. Majority opinion is not how this country works (Well, for the most part) The reason the Constitution was written was to protect the people from the majority, big government, themselves, etc. Just because the majority of people want to do something doesn't make it right. That's what the idea behind the Constitution was. Protect the People!

Now, what the means for firearms, no matter what the "majority" says, I have the right to defend myself. I also have the right, and the duty, as a deterrent to abusive government, to keep a gun. People want to forget, a little over 200 years ago, the U.S. was ruled and subsequently invaded by an abusive and tyrannical government. Thank God the people had the means to protect themselves. The founding fathers of this country knew from first hand experience that power corrupts and that is especially true for governments. They put the 2nd amendment in place for just that reason. Keep the government on its heals, don't mess with the people! Take away motivation for the government to stay on the strait and narrow, who knows what will happen.

Human beings and society have not changed all that much in the last 200 years. Sure we have technology etc. But the way we live our lives, our basic instincts have not changed. The war to end all wars didn't end war. Governments prove to be corrupt all the time.

So, when people say, they should make all guns illegal, people shouldn't have them. I have to ask, do you really trust those in power? Do you really think that the world is that safe? Do you really think that if stuff hits the fan that the police and the military will be on the side of the people?

My family and I know the answers for ourselves. That's why we maintain firearms....

My rant is done....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back