Another Lost in Space Movie Bot, WIP with Pictures, and frustration!!

builder101

A few months back I saw Ian (scale model addict mod) take this awful kit and really make a great looking model robot. I happened to see one on ebay and bid.. It showed up so while working on the tydirium I am also builing this and don't plan to follow the paint scheme for the build either.

I hope I can make this one look half as good as his and I'm all ready running into problem's from the start. I usually end up trying to follow a paint scheme like on star wars kit's but perhaps can take the liberty on this build and be a little creative color wise. I am building this for my son (6) I think if it was up to him it would look like the partridge family bus. I'm thinking of jet exhaust, some international orange, chrome, black, and some gun metal..

On with some pic's of this rough fitting start, I have epoxy and bondo ready and will see what I can do.. Right now I am hoping I can cope with it.. Ian did mention how bad this kit was but seeing his finished I had to give it a go..

SAM_1453_zpseff994f6.jpg

I completed the tracks..

SAM_1454_zpsd244001b.jpg

SAM_1455_zps39f9ac47.jpg

Not a great fit!!

SAM_1456_zpsb1ec866f.jpg

Thank's for checking out this thread.. Feedback welcome!!

Awesome, someone to share my pain with!

Looking very nice already.

Thank's guy's, I am feeling the pain, it's tough love with this one but what I have completed at least the tracks look good.. ;D

Ian, if you don't mind me asking is the bottom plate necessary for stabilization? Cause looking this over as far as what I have built it looks like it might look better without it. I have not added the top and being that it's huge I'm guessing that it may be needed..

Thanks!!

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about.

SAM_1466_zps1906cdaf.jpg

Thank's, comments welcome!!

Thank's, but let me take back my last question I have thought about it and I have a plan.. No plate, and if the support is needed there is two different materials that come to mind. I got it from here.. ;D

Sorry, missed your question! The plate helps with overall stability, but it's fine to remove it.

Thank's Ian, planning on using brass or styrene rod instead of the plate. I really hope to get some time this Weekend to work on this and my other build, the Tydirium..

More progress soon!!

Mike

Latest posts

Back