AMT Klingon Bird of Prey....COMPLETED! Q'PLAH

Re: AMT Klingon Bird of Prey

Wow, that's looking really great. I haven't seen many Star Trek ships, which have been that weathered. Really great.

ScreamingSamuraiStudio said:
"The goal is completion, NOT perfection, right??"

That could be our mantra. :D
Everything looks great. Keep the pictures coming, and aren't you happy you didn't box this one?

You know...

Have you ever known someone quasi famous...or at least well known for their own work. And you present your work for everyone to look at...everyone seems to admire the work you do. Then this quasi famous guy makes his way through the crowd, just to say something really repugnant and irrelevant?

I want to just say thanks to everyone here on this forum for being so great. A lot of usernames are familiar on this other forum where I posted an update to this Bird of Prey and they are equally as polite and considerate as they are here.
And I really appreciate whenever anyone has something great to say and whenever they have some positive criticsms.

Okay, so a little controversy never hurt anyone...

Just a small a quickie update, for now. I'm taking my time with the wiring, this time around.

So, here we go!

DSC_0117.jpg
DSC_0118-1.jpg

Well, this one actually went in the garbage on Friday of last week, but by Sunday, the trial and error wiring of my Bird of Prey came closer to an end.

Man, MANY thanks to Jmac who showed me the way, and also provided a great article on wiring the Bird of Prey that I'll actually be able to apply to the Big Refit Enterprise I have next on my bench.

Anyway, I still have quite a way to go on this one. I still haven't started the display base..which thanks to some inspiration from the Almighty Scott Girvan and his awesome first season build.
I'm going to try to greeblify a plastic cake platter into a cool looking landing pad.
Anyway...Mah pics.

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg
DSC_0131.jpg
DSC_0133.jpg

Klingon Bird Of Prey Finished!

Well, this one certainly had it's ups and downs, and while I certainly do not have a working knowledge of electricity...I know now I should have paid attention more in class.

Anyway, The lighting is still a little problematic, but I only plan to turn this on at shows and while showing off for my friends. The display base i thought would look cool, just turned out to be a cumbersome mess so i will change it out as soon as I can with a regular old box and a straight pole.
Again, thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this one work.

AnotherBOPview.jpg
BOPBottomside.jpg
BOPFlyby3.jpg
BOPalmostdone.jpg
BOPbottomsideCenter.jpg
BOPflyby.jpg
BOPgrills.jpg
BOPheaddetail.jpg
BOPtopsidecenter.jpg

BOPtopside.jpg
CompleteBOP1.jpg
DisplayBase.jpg

You know, I love how that paint looks. I have a desire to start a Klingon Battle cruiser and I am inspired to try your method. I don't think I will come close

Now that's a Bird of Prey! Awesome job on the blends and tone. Much better than cannon where they show off on the show as green and in all it's glory in different shades of greens. That's what bothers me most about Star Trek is that most of their ships are so monotone in color on screen.

Wow, I kinda floated off these boards...not by intenet, i just started floating around on some jobs and this got lost along the way.
You know, Gary..this finish really isn't that hard to get..just a few washes and some dry brushing. I'll put together a list of supplies I used if you're really interested in the scheme.
But thanks to everyone else who left some comments on the paint job. I have a couple of other kits I've been working on since this one so, I'll be sure to get back to posting on this fine forum.

Fantastic work,really liking the colours and the weathering,you can see a lot of time was put into this build,great stuff. 8)

Latest posts

Back