AMT Enterprise-E snap together

Psylow

I picked up my first model today. It's the AMT enterprise e snap together, cadet series, which my wife thinks is hilarious. Anyway, my question is that it does not have a mount and I want to put one on it. Since there is minimal paint and no lighting on it a mount would be a good place to start learning. I understand I need a brass tube or any type of riser but my concern is how to connect it to the model since it was not included. ANy help or how-to's wound be appreciated.

Best place for a rod-type stand in that kit would be in the secondary hull bottom.
The original version of the kit had the base connect there

I believe Round 2 sells plastic bases to go with those (don't know why they couldn't include them in the box)

Or just use a small block of wood, can pick them up at Micheal's for pennies usually.

Go get some brass tube, and something for the base. I usually go to my big box hobby shop and pick up some wood shapes for really cheap. Then you find a suitable spot on the bottom of the model, drill out a hole about the same size of the brass tube and use super glue or CA glue to attach the brass tube to the model.

Then drill out the same size hole in the base and then use the same glue to attach the rod to the base.

In this case you just need to find a rod....as Grendals says, brass, or even a clear acrylic rod will do.

Get a base....Michael's or similar.

These Cadet kits are the old AMT kits that used to be in a couple of sets of 3-4 kits, they all should have the hole in the bottom for a rod of some sort already.

Some CA or 5 min epoxy and you are good to go.

Scott's (ECH) right. If your kit still has that mount, you can just get a rod of that diameter to use and Epoxy/superglue it into place

I am finished with it. Although I'm 33 years old and I just finished a cadet version snap together model I learned quite a bit and I am very proud of it.

I should have painted the windows before decals. Just sorta looks unfinished.

The long nacel decals where horrible to position right and ended am with wrinkles.

I got some good practice cleaning up the edges from the the bracing stuff its attached to in the box.

I'll post a pic after I make a mount for it. I want to mount it at an angle to give it the effect of turning. Like the bow pointed up a little turning to port. Will prolly just cut a dowel rode and reattached the cut part at a new angle. Thanks for all the support.

Also, any suggestion for what I should do next considering I have only done this one?

I've built this model. I believe that there should already be a place to out the rod in order to display your model. The type of rod you will need should be 5/32". i was able to get those as a brass rod from Hobby Lobby. Same with the base. Just drill a hole in the middle of the base, cut off a piece of rod and superglue the rod into the base. After that is dried, then I just placed the model on the brass rod. I didn't glue it in due to t he fact I may do another base in the future.

The base with the rod:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ulvdemon/NCC-1701%20E/021.jpg

The entire folder:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ulvdemon/NCC-1701%20E/

Thanks for the response.
I had a few dowel rods laying around so I sanded it down to fit and just made a wood block for the base.
Now I'm just trying to decide what to try next.

Latest posts

Back