Alternative fuel for my Zippo lighter

Hi,
I'm making my Zippo lighter's cotton full of original Zippo fluid, all my fuel vanishes after 1 or 2 weeks and lighter doesn't work, i've heard that some people use turpentine as fuel as it is less volatile, do you think it will work out? Or any other ideas?
I usually can of spray brake clean put the little red hose on the tip of the spray nozzle fill it about half full just to see if it would work works just fine for alternate Zippo fluid and it's cheaper it's like three and a half dollars for 24 oz can of brake clean at the parts store can a Zippo like what 12 oz is like four or five bucks

Motor I'm getting delivered. 650 H.P. on dyno !! Plus+ when I'm done lil over 1,100 H.P. give r take 20 or 30. Badd Ass going in a reproduction 64 Thunderbolt car I'm building for Street and strip. Going to try to beat that record instead for a long time then put it in 9.28 I think it is. I'm shooting for a 899 at least in about 6 months or so when I get her done.

Screenshot_20231231-061713.png

Forgot it's a 427 cubic inch engine got 10 to 1 compression but I'm going to had them up compression to 11.5 : 1 1150 holly carb w/ mechanical secondarys 6" in. Volisty Intake manifold all buffed out & polished smoother than a baby's butt. Oh yeah!!!

To answer the original question...... " Lighter fluid, what to use instead of .."lighter fluid"..

Answer : VM&P Naphtha. That is, Lighter Fluid. Get it at any hardware store, it comes in pints.

Latest posts

Back