Airbrush Thinner vs Acrylic Thinner

hooterville75

With the Testors brand, is their a difference between the Airbrush Thinner and Acrylic Thinner ? Someone mentioned the other day that it was very important to stick with the brands thinner for paint. Seeing I already have a bunch of Testors paint, I figured I would get some Testors Thinner. Looking over the site I do my ordering from I came upon a 8 OZ can of Testors Airbrush Thinner for $6.82 as well as a 4 oz squirt bottle of Acrylic thinner for $5.06. Knowing that the acrylic thinner is specifically for Acrylic paint but is the Airbrush Thinner good for Enamel, Lacquer and Acrylic paints ?

I haven't used Testor's own thinners, but I can't imagine a thinner that works for both enamel and acrylics. That is, lacquer thinner might thin an acrylic, because it's so strong. But water and isopropyl, which can both be used to thin an acrylic, won't thin an enamel.

I think you will find that the Testors Airbrush Thinner is for their enamel paints, and therefore an enamel thinner, and their Acrylic Thinner is therefore for their Acrylic paints.

Thanks, guys, I'll remember that, too. I use their bottled thinner with the gloss enamels.

Latest posts

Back