Airbrush and compressor

Good day - I might offer up my 'thoughts' and/or humble opinion regarding some choices -

I recently purchased a "California Air Tool" Mod #1P1060S, with auto-off and I am thoroughly impressed with it - One can actually think and talk while spraying because it is that quiet. It's 0.6 HP, come with a 1 Gallon tank and at 40PSI moves 1.60 CFM and at 90PSI it'll clock in at 1.20 CFM. Plus, the Company has super-good customer support [I simply added the 'mini' regulator and my water-trap from old system, allowing for more precise air flow and I seldom see the need for 90PSI+ regulator for airbrushing], and stand by their American made product.
As for an air-brush, I've been using a Badger Mod #200-1 [yes, don't laugh to hard, my fellow co-members], since the early 80's and have no complaints... It just works, and works, and works AND is real simple to use. Plus, I added a Paasche "VL", some 10 - 15 yrs back; Which I am still learning how-to use it properly - BUT the Paasche does offer 'more', over the single-action Badger.
I guess it is up to what 'you', are wanting to do, for painting... For me, I have learned to apply the 'KISS Principle', when it comes to this hobby [or passion] we enjoy - 'KISS', simply stated 'Keep-It-Simple-Stupid' and it has worked for me for a number of years with this and other endeavors I have pursued.
I do hope this will help you some on chasing down those 'tools', you are looking into.

I just bought one off evilbay last year. I painted with it and had great results. It was made in China but a great deal for around $63.00 about this same time last year. I don't think you can get for less than a hundred bucks but this came with the air compressor and the airbrush with all the accessories together. I bought the set of new tips for more versatility. It was simon_elf (airbrush set) or something like that. The compressor shuts off whenever there's enough air in the tank. This makes you think it's defective but this is supposed to save the motor from burning itself out running all the time. It has a filter for the air and it's honestly and surprisingly easy to use! I have a Paasche VL Orchard and a few other Harbour Freight specials that I use from time to time but this will be my new workhorse for doing very small detail work.

That's funny-once I saved my post, with the quoted post, it still fails to render the media-tagged item.

Yeah . IDK .
It used to work no problem . You could just paste the Amazon page url directly here and it would show . Like any other page address .
I noticed it stopped working many months ago .

OK, that's interesting-I don't see the link (which is what I expected, just a hyperlink), or anything else. I could suspect that my company's network is blocking/filtering, but I don't think so. Weird, wild stuff.

Looking for opinions on what type of compressor and airbrush to buy for modeling. Alos, if anyone has any links to point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thank you in adnavce.
I recently constructed my first airbrushing set-up with a home-built spray booth, (cardboard box). For a compressor I used the typical Home Depot pancake compressor/nail gun package. It has a large air tank and works just fine. The only modification I did was a water filter and an additional regulator and gauge which has smaller incremental adjustments in the lower range, since the gauge that comes with the compressor kinda starts at 20lbs., which I bought at Harbor Freight.

Latest posts

Back