Air racer thingy - Bananas

Beork

As I'm practicing the whole painting thing, I took an old project from the cupboard to try and paint on a smoother surface than the PKA.
It's a reversed Heinkel Salamander Volksjager (1/32 Revell), as part of a challenge to make a different plane out of a plane kit using most/all parts from the kit and little else, but it wasn't allowed to become the kit it was meant to be. Still following me? Here's a picture.
DSC00786.jpg
DSC00793.jpg

Which took some yellow to the face:
100_3235_zpsab5788eb.jpg

And the cockpit got some paints and decals
100_3242_zps2623e2b0.jpg

As I wanted a non-military racer, I added sponsor logos. I'm not too happy about it, not enough coherence, but the decal setting solution was so aggressive on some decals that they fused with the gloss layer...
100_3249_zps3f66afb3.jpg

Belly got some stickers too.
100_3252_zps4a53c666.jpg

And for your information, it's a Fiat ^_^
100_3251_zpsef3e75d4.jpg

Pilot is ready for paint, I think I'll make him red or another shade of yellow (darker)
100_3253_zps88342e49.jpg

When the decals are dry it's gloss varnish time, followed by oils.

Any tips are welcome, of course any other comment/criticism as well.

I really do like this,the way you have painted it makes it look like a diecast vehicle which is cool and i think that if you were to apply more decals to the body it would be to much for the eye.
It kinda reminds me of the swordfish from cowboy bepbop.
And finally i wanna make one,did you just use that one plane?.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it looks diecast alright, badly chinese produced diecast :p
Might be partially because of the paint, is a very thick plastic like lacquer.
Or just because it's not weathered yet.

Java, it's mostly one plane, I cheated a bit in the exhaust area and with the topcone part of the plane (darker grey in the first photo, drop tank from a hasegawa 1/32 skyhawk I think) and with the pilot, who I got via a Dutch forum.
But everything came from 1/32 size so that's almost as good :p

Between the cockpit position and the bright yellow, I'm seeing a Naboo N-1 influence in your design.

Very interesting build
You gotta love a scratch build ;D
Love the bright colour, it really does give it an air racer feel.

Can't wait to see some weathering on this.

Gag

Latest posts

Back