Afghan BTR 70 - from the graveyard

scratchmod

Since I had, and still have pc issue due to a virus I had some time to bang out yet another rust bucket. I built, painted and did the base in 7 days so this was a quickie. I mainly wanted to have a model to paint while spending two days with Iain Hamilton of AK Interactive and also SMA's very own ken Abrams. We had a great time talking models and such, oh and the beers helped too.

Here she is. The old Dragon BTR 70 built OOTB except for the replacement of the grab handles and light guards which where either already broken or broke while cleaning then up. The was another experiment using AK CM paints and a different type of rusting. No salt or HS used the the rust and chipping.

BTR70withbase001.jpg

BTR70withbase002.jpg

BTR70withbase003.jpg

BTR70withbase004.jpg

BTR70withbase005.jpg

BTR70withbase009.jpg

Those guys from AK Interactive love to put there logo everywhere eh ;D ;) ;D Graffitti was done using a very fine tipped AB.

Cheers

scratchmod

www.scratchmod.com

you never stop to Amaze, Rob!!! I was trying to look for a Halftrack in LHS but the M4 cost to much to be a rust bucket... end up having an academy humvee troop carrier.

Glad to see you are managing to get online and share this with everyone, it's another beauty dude.

It's amazing how fast things can go together when you spend a little time at the bench eh? ;D

Glad to see the puter working long enough to pop this up. Looks great BTW!!! You have a winner with that rusting application too! The graffitti is a nice touch! I see Iain taged the BTR....couple of beers??? Did you check the pups for paint??? ;D

Thanks dudes, glad you like the BTR. Yeak Ken it great when you have the time and no puter distractions. That makes 4 or 5 so far for 2011, time to slow down and maybe get some models finished that I started but lost interest. ::) ;D

Cheers
scratchmod

LOL.............keep forgetting about them appearing here as well as on yours buddy....DOH!!!, really does look the business matey............if i ever go for that 55 `Graffitee` build then i might just come knocking for a few pointers bro!!! ;D

`Boots`

Looks good. Glad you had a good time with your mates. You are forunate to be able to get together with like minded people...with talent to boot!

;D. That's quite a piece of work! For a seven day Wonder!

Wow!

No HS nor Corse Salt! You pulled all the tricks on this one....

Looks just like those in the bone yards in Kabul!

My hat to you for pulling this off! Very impressive!

Latest posts

Back